Mango sherbet is another refreshing as well as a healthy summer drink which I would like to share with you. It tastes somewhat similar to mango flavored drinks available in Indian markets. E.g. You must have drunk Slice or fruity or maaza in India. This mango sherbet will remind you of their taste.
It is better, if we can make healthy fruit drinks at our home than to purchase them from the market. Fruit drinks should ideally be made from fruits which are in season and we should avoid using artificial flavors in making health drinks.
In most of the fruit drinks available in the market, artificial flavors and preservatives are used.
In terms of taste, freshness and health benefits, Mango sherbet made using fresh mangoes can easily beat any artificially flavored mango drink.
Another similar recipe using mangoes is to make Mango juice which is usually had plain or served with poori or phulkas. Mango sherbet has less quantity of mangoes in the drink than the mango juice. The consistency is also thin as compared to the thick mango juice.
Few more Mango recipes you may like are
I usually make a jar of this sherbet and keep sipping them in the afternoon or in the evening when it is quite hot. This sherbet stays good for a day. However, its best to consume them fresh or in a day’s time.
The mango sherbet is sweetened with organic powdered jaggery. You can use your choice of sweetener. I have also added some soaked sabza/basil seeds in the sherbet.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign Up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
- 2 medium or large alphonso mangoes - yields approx 1.5 to 2 cups of mango puree
- 1-2 teaspoon of sabja seeds (basil seeds)
- organic powdered jaggery or unrefined cane sugar as required
- 3-4 cups of chilled water or as required
- ½ or 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- few ice cubes (optional)
- Soak the sabja/basil seeds in 1/2 cup of water for half an hour.
- Peel and chop the mangoes.
- Add mangoes and water in a blender
- Also add sugar or jaggery as required.
- Blend everything well.
- Take the whole mixture in a bowl or jar.
- If you want a thin juice you can add more water.
- Check for sweetnees and add more jaggery or sugar if required.
- Strain the soaked sabza seeds & add them to the sherbet.
- Stir & pour mango sherbet in tall glasses.
- You can add a few ice cubes while serving.
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.