vegan mango milkshake recipe with step by step photos – it is is one of most sought after healthy drink during summers in india.
this vegan mango milkshake is very filling and it simply recharges your body. you can also make it as a healthy breakfast drink. very rarely you might come across a person who does not like mangoes. they are so sweet and juicy, no wonder they are called the king of fruits.
tips for making vegan mango shake
- i have made this vegan mango milkshake using coconut milk. you can use other nut-based milk also like almond milk or cashew milk. if you want to use dairy milk then you can check this recipe of mango milkshake made with dairy milk.
- be very choosy, about the type of mangoes you use for making vegan mango shake. i suggest avoiding the mangoes which are too much fibrous and instead prefer the mango variety which is more juicy, sweet and easy to peel. sweeter the mango, lesser the amount of sugar we need and more healthier it will be.
- to sweeten this vegan mango shake, i have added coconut jaggery. you can even use jaggery or organic unrefined cane sugar or palm sugar. if possible always try to cut down the sugar intake or replace it with healthy alternatives.
- there are few alternatives to flavor the recipe. e.g. saffron and cardamom powder. i have used saffron in this recipe. in case you want to use cardamom powder then you have to mix it with the mango pulp in the initial stage while blending so that it mixes well.
how to make vegan mango milkshake
1. firstly rinse and then peel 2 medium sized mangoes. chop them and add in a mixer or blender jar. also add 1 pinch saffron strands.
2. then add 2 cups coconut milk. i have used coconut milk. you can add almond milk, soy milk or cashew milk. if using thick coconut milk, then you can add some water or ice cubes.
3. add ice cubes. you can also add some sugar if you want.
4. blend till smooth.
5. pour in tall glasses and serve vegan mango milkshake immediately. while serving you can also garnish with chopped or sliced nuts like cashews, pistachios and almonds. for more milkshake recipes you can check this collection of top 10 milkshake recipes.
few more tasty beverages
Vegan Mango Milkshake
INGREDIENTS FOR Vegan Mango Milkshake
- 2 medium size alphonso mangoes
- 2 cups coconut milk or almond milk or cashew milk
- 2 teaspoon of sugar or jaggery (optional), add as required
- 4 small ice cubes (optional)
- 1 pinch saffron - optional
- dry fruits like cashew, almond, pistachois to garnish (optional)
HOW TO MAKE Vegan Mango Milkshake
- wash the mangoes and peel them.
- chop the mango pulp into small pieces.
- add the mango pulp into the blender along with milk
- add the sugar or jaggery as per your taste and also considering the sweetness of mangoes.
- add saffron.
- you can add ice cubes also at this stage or you can add the ice cubes while serving the mango shake.
- blend everything till smooth.
- add the chopped dry fruits, if you want for garnishing.
- and serve vegan mango shake with few saffron strands for garnish.