i had made homemade mango juice from organic alphonso mangoes recently. the organic mangoes tasted incredibly good in the juice. i have made mango juice many times before but it has never been so good.
i am a mango lover and have had mangoes in many recipes like mango milkshake, aam ka panna, mango shrikhand, mango lassi and so on. but my all time favorite way of having mangoes is mango juice. according to me, if you want to have real taste of mangoes then don’t look anywhere else and just go for mango juice.
if given an option between having mango slices and mango juice then i would happily go for mango juice. it looks that i am kind of becoming fanatic about mango juice.
actually it was too good as the organic variety of alphonso mangoes were very delicious. so you have to excuse me if you feel i am little biased about the mango juice.
few suggestions for making mango juice:
1. since we want to taste the original flavor of mango then better not to add any other ingredient in the juice.
2. use sweet and mangoes having a firm juicy pulp like alphonso. avoid fibrous mangoes.
3. while you are making the mango juice then you can consider leaving few bite size mango pieces intact. because when you are having mango juice then these mango pieces comes as a surprise and make your drink more richer and yummy.
4. you can also have mango juice with puri and even rotis.
mango juice recipe below:
mango juice recipe
INGREDIENTS (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 2 medium size alphonso mangoes or any other sweet mango variety
- sugar or jaggery if required
- ice cubes (optional)
HOW TO MAKE RECIPE
- wash the mangoes.
- peel them and chop them into small pieces.
- put the mango pieces into blender
- and blend them till smooth
- i suggest you can consider leaving few mango pieces or add them later on to the juice.
- serve the mango juice in tall glasses.
- or you can serve it in a bowl if you are having it with puri or phulkas.
if you want to have mango juice cold then
1. you can add some ice cubes to it.
2. or you can keep the mango juice in refrigerator for few hours.
3. or you can keep the mangoes in refrigerator overnight and make the mango juice next day.
if you want to reduce the consistency of mango juice then you add water or ice cubes to it. enjoy.