mango ice cream recipe - full on with the flavors of mango and vanilla, this is one awesome mango ice cream.
this recipe does not require an ice cream maker. rains have already begun here and it feels strange to post this ice cream recipe.
we usually avoid cold foods in the rains. i had made the ice cream when it was really really hot in the month of may. i just was not able to post the recipe.
what offers me consolation is that some parts of india are still reeling under the heat wave. i am also posting this recipe as a dear & frequent reader suhani requested me to post some ice cream recipes. i am late suhani and i hope it has not started raining where you live
this recipe is adapted from the pomegranate gulkand ice cream i had posted some months back.
lets start step by step mango ice cream recipe:
1: peel and chop the mangoes
2: add sugar or powdered jaggery along with the mangoes in a blender
3: blend to a smooth pulp
4: take the cream in a bowl or pan and begin to whip it
5: whip till soft peaks are formed.
6: add the mango pulp and mix well.
7: add vanilla powder.
8: mix well and pour the ice cream contents in a freezer proof container or box. cover the container tightly with a lid.
9: keep the mango ice cream in freezer for a few hours till the ice cream is half set. remove and add the ice cream to a blender.
10: whip again for a minute and pour in the same container and freeze till set. remember to cover the container with a lid.
11: once set, then serve the mango ice cream scoops topped with honey, chocolate sauce or you can even serve it with slices of cakes as a dessert.
p.s – i am not a pro in taking photos of ice cream. they had begun melting when i started taking the photos. so till i garner much expertise in clicking ice cream photos, i leave you with the melted ice cream clicks in this post.
mango ice cream recipe details are below:
- 3 cups cream (i used amul 25% low fat cream)
- 2 large alphonso mangoes
- 1.5 tsp vanilla powder or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- sugar, powdered jaggery or honey as required
- honey or any sweet syrup to top over the ice cream
- peel and chop the mangoes.
- blend the mangoes and sugar to a smooth pulp.
- whip the cream till soft peaks are formed.
- add the mango pulp.
- mix well.
- check the sweetness and add more sugar if required.
- add the vanilla powder or vanilla extract.
- mix well.
- pour in a tray or container and place in the freezer. cover the container.
- when the ice cream is half frozen remove from the freezer.
- whip again for a minute.
- pour the ice cream contents again in the container with lid.
- freeze till set.
- scoop the mango ice cream and serve with honey, cakes or just plain.
instead of whipping the cream separately, you can also just whip the cream in a blender with the mango puree till soft peaks are formed.
sweetness can always be adjusted as per your requirements.
for best results and a softer texture, whip the cream really well. you can also whip the cream in a blender or a hand blender.