Pina colada recipe with step by step photos – Virgin pina colada is a refreshing vegan mocktail drink made with fresh pineapple juice, coconut milk and ice cubes. A healthy beverage for the summer season made mainly with 3 ingredients.
It is the national drink of Puerto Rico. when I had posted fresh Pineapple juice, I had mentioned that I will share a popular mocktail pineapple drink made. Yes, this is that mocktail drink.
This recipe is of virgin pina colada where rum is not added. Only three ingredients go in the drink – pineapple, thick coconut milk and ice cubes. this is a kid-friendly recipe and one which is healthy as well as filling.
I would suggest to use fresh pineapple and not tinned pineapple. coconut milk can be made at home or you can use the ready made pack. Though freshly extracted coconut milk tastes better.
To slice the pineapple, you can have a look at this video Here. once the pineapple is sliced and chopped, its quick & very easy to make pina colada.
Serve pina colada mocktail immediately. While serving you can garnish with some mint leaves or pineapple cubes or add some ice cubes if you like it more chilled.
How to make Pina Colada
1. First step is to peel and slice the pineapple.
2. I used half of a medium pineapple and got about 2 cups of chopped pineapple wedges. Add the wedges or cubes in a blender jar.
3. Add sugar. You can also skip the sugar if you want.
4. Blend to a smooth puree. There should be no pineapple chunks in the puree.
5. Then add 200 ml or about ¾ cup thick coconut milk. You can also use coconut cream, but then add some water or coconut water to thin the drink.
6. Add 4 to 6 ice cubes.
7. Blend once more till smooth and everything is mixed evenly.
8. Pour the blended drink in glasses and Serve pina colada immediately. You can garnish with pineapple wedges if you want.
If you are looking for more Beverages then do check:
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign Up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
Pina Colada (Mocktail Drink)
- 2 to 2.25 cups chopped pineapples
- 4 to 6 ice cubes
- ¾ cup thick coconut milk or 200 ml thick coconut milk
- 2 to 3 tablespoon sugar or add as required
- a few pineapple wedges for garnish
slicing the pineapples
- First step is to peel and slice the pineapple. I used half of a medium pineapple and got about 2 cups chopped pineapple wedges. Add the wedges or cubes in a blender jar.
making pina colada
- Add sugar. You can also skip sugar if you want.
- Blend to a smooth puree. There should be no pineapple chunks in the puree.
- Then add 200 ml or about 3/4 cup thick coconut milk. You can also use coconut cream, but then add some water or coconut water to thin the drink.
- Add 4 to 6 ice cubes.
- Blend once more till smooth and everything is mixed evenly.
- Pour pina colada drink in glasses and serve immediately. You can garnish with pineapple wedges if you want.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.