Iced tea recipe with step by step pics. this iced tea is a refreshing lemon ice tea made in an easy way. The recipe shared here is an easy method and gives a delicious lemon iced tea.
In cafes and coffee houses, there are many types of iced tea that are offered and lemon iced tea is one of them. I do make lemon ice tea at times during summers. The recipe has been pending for a long time. So a few days back I thought of taking the pics when preparing the iced tea.
There is one more version of a fruity ice tea I have earlier shared on the website and it is Mango iced tea.
Iced tea can be made with citrus fruits like lemons, limes, oranges and even berries. In this recipe, I have used black tea powder. But you can also use tea leaves. Green tea can also be used for making ice tea. Since tea is rich in antioxidants, its good to include tea in your diet.
Also, the sweetener can be given a skip if you want or you can add less sweetener. In this recipe, you can skip the lemon juice if you want and make just a refreshing iced tea.
I have used organic unrefined cane sugar to make the tea sweet. You can also use jaggery (though the taste will be different) or any other sweetener of your choice.
If using honey, then add it in the tea when the tea comes at room temperature. Adding honey in hot tea or cooking it at high temperatures, makes honey toxic according to Ayurveda.
How to make iced tea recipe
1. In a pan pour 1.25 litres water.
2. Heat the pan on a medium flame and let the water come to a boil.
3. Once the water comes to a boil, switch off the flame and add 2 tablespoons black tea powder. For a light tea taste, you can add 1 tablespoon tea powder. Instead of tea powder, you can also use black or green tea leaves.
4. Add ⅓ to ½ cup sugar. For a less sweet taste, you can add ¼ cup sugar.
5. Mix very well and let the tea leaves steep in the water for 4 to 5 minutes. For a lighter tea flavor, you can steep for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. After the tea is steeped in the hot water, then add 3 tablespoons of lemon juice. For a more lemony taste, you can add 4 tablespoons of lemon juice also. You can also skip the lemon juice altogether and make a simple iced tea.
7. Stir with a spoon.
8. Then strain the tea in a steel or glass jar. The glass jar should be able to handle the heat.
9. Let the tea cool at room temperature. Later you can chill it in the fridge.
Making iced tea
10. While serving, add 4 to 5 ice cubes in a glass. You can add less or more as per your preference. Also, add 1 to 2 lemon slices. Adding lemon slices is optional.
11. Pour the iced tea in the glass.
12. Garnish with a lemon slice or a sprig of mint leaves.
12. Serve iced tea immediately. While drinking do stir the ice tea with a stirrer or a spoon.
Few more tasty recipes for you!
Have you made this recipe and liked it? Please leave a star rating in the recipe card below or share the recipe on facebook, whatsapp, twitter & pinterest. For recipe updates Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest and Twitter.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later
Lemon Ice Tea
- 1.25 litres water or 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons black tea powder or black tea leaves
- ½ cup sugar, can also add ¼ cup to ⅓ cup sugar for a less sweet taste
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, can add less or more as required
- ice cubes, as required
- few lemon slices for garnish, optional
- In a pan pour 1.25 litres water.
- Heat the pan on a medium flame and let the water come to a boil.
- Once the water comes to a boil, switch off the flame and add 2 tablespoons black tea powder.
- Add sugar. mix very well.
- Let the tea leaves steep in the water for 4 to 5 minutes. For a lighter tea flavor, you can steep for 2 to 3 minutes.
- After the tea is steeped in the hot water, then add 3 tablespoons lemon juice. For a more lemony taste, you can add 4 tablespoons lemon juice also.
- Stir with a spoon.
- Then strain the lemon tea in a steel or glass jar. The glass jar should be able to handle the heat.
- Let the lemon tea cool at room temperature. Later you can chill it in the fridge.
making iced tea
- While serving, add 4 to 5 ice cubes in a glass. You can add less or more as per your preference.
- Also add 1 to 2 lemon slices. Adding lemon slices is optional.
- Pour the lemon tea in the glass.
- Garnish with a lemon slice or a sprig of mint leaves.
- Serve iced tea immediately. While drinking do stir lemon iced tea with a stirrer or a spoon.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.