Lemon mojito recipe with step by step photos – refreshing summer mocktail beverage with fresh basil and lemon.
Usually mojito is made with mint leaves. however, this drink with basil and lemon was so good, that we were amazed by the flavors. Refreshing indeed in the summers. The peppery pungent taste of the basil complimented the tangy citrus taste of the lemons very well.
Instead of fresh basil, you can also use mint leaves or holy basil (tulsi leaves). Mojito can be made in many batches and makes a good party drink.
Its a healthy practice to drink lot of water and fruit juices during Indian summers. As it keeps you hydrated and is also good for your health and skin.
How to make lemon mojito recipe
1. In a mortar-pestle or in a pitcher/cocktail shaker take ⅛ cup basil leaves (about 18 to 20 small basil leaves), 2 slices of lemon, 1 to 2 tbsp sugar, a pinch of salt. 2 tbsp sugar makes the drink sweet.
If you want more predominant tangy taste, then add 1 tbsp sugar. To make the drink diabetic-friendly, add a sugar substitute like stevia. You can also use honey instead of sugar.
2. Muddle (lightly mash or crush) all the ingredients with a pestle or muddler. Do remove the lemon seeds if any.
3. Spoon the muddled ingredients in two glasses with all the juices and extract left on the mortar.
4. In each glass, add 1 tbsp lemon juice.
5. Add some crushed ice or ice cubes.
6. Pour soda or sparkling water or chilled water. You can also add half-half of soda and chilled water. Stir very well with a stirrer or spoon.
7. Serve basil lemon mojito immediately.
If you are looking for more Beverages then do check:
Please be sure to rate this recipe in the recipe card below if you have made it. For more vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or follow me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
lemon mojito recipe
- 18 to 20 small basil leaves or 1/8 cup basil leaves - about 1 gram (alternative is mint leaves)
- 2 thin round lemon slices
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups or 500 ml soda or sparkling water or water
- 1 to 2 tablespoon sugar or add as per taste
- ice cubes or crushed ice as required
- In a mortar-pestle or in a pitcher take 1/8 cup basil leaves, 2 slices of lemon, 1 to 2 tbsp sugar, a pinch of salt. 2 tbsp sugar makes the drink sweet. If you want more predominant tangy taste, then add 1 tbsp sugar. To make the drink diabetic friendly, add a sugar substitute like stevia. You can also use honey instead of sugar.
- Muddle all the ingredients with the pestle.
- Spoon the muddled ingredients in two glasses.
- In each glass, add 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Add some crushed ice or ice cubes.
- Pour soda or sparkling water or water. Stir very well with a stirrer or spoon.
- Serve basil lemon mojito immediately.