Lemon mojito recipe with step by step photos – refreshing summer mocktail beverage with fresh basil and lemon.
Usually mojito is made with mint leaves. however, this drink with basil and lemon was so good, that we were amazed by the flavors. Refreshing indeed in the summers. The peppery pungent taste of the basil complimented the tangy citrus taste of the lemons very well.
Instead of fresh basil, you can also use mint leaves or holy basil (tulsi leaves). Mojito can be made in many batches and makes a good party drink.
Its a healthy practice to drink lot of water and fruit juices during Indian summers. As it keeps you hydrated and is also good for your health and skin.
How to make lemon mojito recipe
1. In a mortar-pestle or in a pitcher/cocktail shaker take ⅛ cup basil leaves (about 18 to 20 small basil leaves), 2 slices of lemon, 1 to 2 tbsp sugar, a pinch of salt. 2 tbsp sugar makes the drink sweet.
If you want more predominant tangy taste, then add 1 tbsp sugar. To make the drink diabetic-friendly, add a sugar substitute like stevia. You can also use honey instead of sugar.
2. Muddle (lightly mash or crush) all the ingredients with a pestle or muddler. Do remove the lemon seeds if any.
3. Spoon the muddled ingredients in two glasses with all the juices and extract left on the mortar.
4. In each glass, add 1 tbsp lemon juice.
5. Add some crushed ice or ice cubes.
6. Pour soda or sparkling water or chilled water. You can also add half-half of soda and chilled water. Stir very well with a stirrer or spoon.
7. Serve basil lemon mojito immediately.
If you are looking for more Beverages then do check:
Have you made this recipe and liked it? Please leave a star rating in the recipe card below or share the recipe on facebook, whatsapp, twitter & pinterest. For recipe updates Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Pinterest and Twitter.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later
lemon mojito recipe
- 18 to 20 small basil leaves or 1/8 cup basil leaves - about 1 gram (alternative is mint leaves)
- 2 thin round lemon slices
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups or 500 ml soda or sparkling water or water
- 1 to 2 tablespoon sugar or add as per taste
- ice cubes or crushed ice as required
- In a mortar-pestle or in a pitcher take 1/8 cup basil leaves, 2 slices of lemon, 1 to 2 tbsp sugar, a pinch of salt. 2 tbsp sugar makes the drink sweet. If you want more predominant tangy taste, then add 1 tbsp sugar. To make the drink diabetic friendly, add a sugar substitute like stevia. You can also use honey instead of sugar.
- Muddle all the ingredients with the pestle.
- Spoon the muddled ingredients in two glasses.
- In each glass, add 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Add some crushed ice or ice cubes.
- Pour soda or sparkling water or water. Stir very well with a stirrer or spoon.
- Serve basil lemon mojito immediately.
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.