Sweet, refreshing, and frosty, this Healthy Pineapple Smoothie is everything you need to beat the summer heat. Best of all, it’s made with just 3 ingredients, is both vegan and vegetarian friendly, and will be ready for sipping in just 10 minutes!
Table of Contents
About This Pineapple Smoothie
I don’t know about you, but I’m a big fan of tropical flavors. This tasty vegan pineapple smoothie delivers big time with bright, sweet pineapple, lusciously creamy coconut milk, and a dusting of cinnamon for a bit of intrigue.
Making smoothies from fruits is not only quick but healthy as well. Unlike extracted juices where the fiber is discarded, smoothies have fiber in them and are thus good for the gut, too. Make this tasty pineapple smoothie anytime you need a quick, portable snack like for breakfast, brunch, or between meals.
This particular smoothie recipe requires just two primary ingredients, leaving you with plenty of room for customization. If the pineapples are already sweet, there is no need to add any extra sugar, meaning this smoothie is about as healthy as it gets!
Still looking for summer refreshers? These are some more of my favorite Smoothie Recipes.
Pineapple Health Benefits
You might feel that pineapple is just another tropical fruit, tasting yummy and used in fancy preparations. But its not just that.
These are the significant reasons that make pineapple quite powerful for the human body and mind.
- Because pineapple is rich in Vitamin C, it is obviously good for the immune system, aiding in the healing process like repairing of wounds, healing of tissues, etc., encouraging growth and absorption of iron.
- The antioxidants phenolics and flavonoids in pineapple help fight diseases and may reduce the chances of cancer in the body.
- The fiber in pineapple can help you fight hunger and keep your gut healthy. B Vitamins in pineapple are essential for formation of new red blood cells.
- It is a popular myth that as pineapples are sweet, they shouldn’t be consumed when on a weight loss regime. It is not true as this fruit accelerates fat breakdown and enhances the weight loss process.
- Since pineapple has anti-inflammatory properties, it is also useful to people with diabetes and can help in reducing the chances of Alzheimer’s.
- Eating pineapple is good for your digestive tract as it improves digestion and also reduces inflammation.
- Want healthier bones? Pineapple should be in you diet as the manganese in it is good for increasing bone and mineral density.
How to make Pineapple Smoothie
1. Take 2 cups chopped pineapple in a blender or mixer jar.
2. Add ½ cup of coconut milk (thin to medium consistency) or ½ cup lite coconut milk.
3. Add 1 pinch ground cinnamon (optional). You can also add a bit of fresh ginger or ground ginger (ginger powder).
4. Blend till the pineapple pieces are puréed well.
5. There should be no small chunks of pineapple.
6. Then, add the remaining 1 cup of coconut milk (thin to medium consistency) or 1 cup lite coconut milk.
7. Blend again till everything is mixed well.
8. Pour in glasses. Serve Pineapple Smoothie immediately. You can garnish with pineapple cubes or cherries too.
While I truly love this 3-ingredient pineapple smoothie just the way it is, there is plenty of room for customization. Here are some of my favorite variations:
- Add citrus for an extra burst of sunshiny flavor. Lime juice or orange juice would pair particularly well, basically turning this pineapple smoothie into a virgin Piña Colada!
- Use a 50/50 mixture of mango and pineapple for a fun twist.
- Swap out cinnamon for fresh or ground ginger.
- Substitute almond or oat milk for the coconut milk.
- Add protein powder for more heft.
I used fresh pineapple, but so long as your frozen pineapple is in small enough chunks for your blender, feel free to use frozen! If you do, your smoothie will end up a bit thicker and creamier than if you were to use fresh.
Use frozen pineapple and cut back on the amount of liquid you add to make the pineapple smoothie thick enough to turn into a bowl. Then, top with your choice of granola, toasted coconut flakes, or nuts, and enjoy!
In order to keep this pineapple smoothie from being too heavy on the calories, I usually use either lite canned coconut milk or the kind that comes in a carton. If you only have full-fat coconut milk, feel free to thin it out with a bit of water.
More Smoothie Recipes To Try!
Please be sure to rate the recipe in the recipe card or leave a comment below if you have made it. For more veetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or follow me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Pineapple Smoothie (Healthy 3 Ingredient Recipe)
- 2 cups chopped pineapple or 9 to 10 pineapple slices
- 1.5 cups lite coconut milk or homemade coconut milk having thin to medium consistency
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon (cinnamon powder), optional
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar or any preferred sweetener, optional
- Take chopped pineapples in a blender or mixer jar.
- Add lite coconut milk and ground cinnamon. You can also add a bit of fresh ginger or ginger powder if you prefer.
- Blend till the pineapple pieces are pureed well. There should be no small chunks of pineapple.
- Then, add the remaining lite coconut milk.
- Blend again till everything is mixed well, smooth and fine.
- Pour in glasses. Serve Pineapple Smoothie immediately. You can garnish the juice with pineapple cubes or cherries too.
- Make sure to use sweet tasting pineapples to make the smoothie.
- If you like you can add any sweetener of your choice to the smoothie – raw sugar, honey, jaggery, palm sugar, coconut sugar, maple syrup are some options.
- If the pineapples are very sweet, you can choose to omit add any sweetener.
- The recipe works well with both homemade coconut milk as well as packaged coconut milk. Lite coconut milk works best here. If you are using regular canned coconut milk, then add some water or coconut water to thin the smoothie.
- Feel free to use other plant based milks like almond milk, oats milk or cashew milk to make the smoothie.
- Skip adding ground cinnamon if you do not like it.
Nutrition Info (Approximate Values)
This Pineapple Smoothie recipe post from the blog archives first published in February 2018 has been republished and updated on 17 May 2022.
This is a savory recipe. Simple and not expensive.
Allah sizlerden razı olsun. Çok hayırlı ve sağlıklı bir hizmet yapıyorsunuz. Kutluyorum sizleri. Başarılar diliyorum
Türkiye de bir Rajasthanlı
thanks a lot.
Did you understand what’s in the comment? Or it is a font issue with display?
its in turkish language, ruchi. i translated using google translate ????
Oh ok 🙂