Sattu ka ghol recipe with step by step photos – savory summer cooler made from roasted black chickpea flour, water and herbs+spices.
Sattu is roasted chana flour and is used in the cuisines of bihar, jharkand and eastern Uttar Pradesh. The roasted chickpea flour is used to make both savory and sweet drinks.
Apart from the healthy beverages, it is also used to make sattu paratha, litti chokha and sattu ladoo. Sattu drinks are nutritious, cooling and also prevent from heat strokes.
I have already posted the sweet or meetha Sattu drink and now sharing the savory or namkeen ghol. This is a basic recipe and some ingredients can be easily added or skipped depending on your individual taste and preference. The below recipe serves 2, but you can double the recipe.
If you are looking for more Beverages then do check:
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign Up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
namkeen sattu drink
- 750 ml chilled water
- 4 tablespoon sattu (roasted black chickpea flour)
- ½ teaspoon black salt or add as required
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder (kali mirch powder) - optional
- 3 teaspoon lemon juice or juice of 1 small lemon or lime
- 2 teaspoon chopped coriander leaves (dhania patta)
- 2 teaspoon chopped mint leaves (pudina patta)
- In a mug or pan, add 4 tbsp sattu.
- Add 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder.
- Add 3 tsp lemon juice.
- Add 1/2 tsp black salt.
- Pour 750 ml chilled water.
- With a spoon, stir and mix well. Break small lumps if any with the spoon.
- Lastly add 2 tsp each of chopped mint and coriander leaves. You can skip one of them, if you do not have. You can also add green chilies and finely chopped onions if you prefer. You can also add black pepper powder.
- Pour in glasses and serve sattu drink. You can also keep in refrigerator and then serve later.
Spices can be added as per your taste.
How to make Sattu ka ghol
1. In a mug or pan, add 4 tbsp sattu.
2. Add ½ tsp roasted cumin powder.
3. Add 3 tsp lemon juice.
4. Add ½ tsp black salt.
5. Pour 750 ml chilled water.
6. With a spoon, stir and mix well. Break small lumps if any with the spoon.
7. Lastly add 2 tsp each of chopped mint and coriander leaves. You can skip one of them, if you do not have. You can also add green chilies and finely chopped onions if you prefer. You can also add black pepper powder.
8. Pour in glasses and Serve sattu ka ghol. you can also keep in refrigerator and then serve later.