sattu ka ghol recipe with step by step photos – savory summer cooler made from roasted black chickpea flour, water and herbs+spices.
sattu is roasted chana flour and is used in the cuisines of bihar, jharkand and eastern uttar pradesh. the roasted chickpea flour is used to make both savory and sweet drinks. apart from the healthy beverages, its also used to make sattu paratha, litti chokha and sattu ladoo.
i have already posted the sweet or meetha sattu sharbat and now sharing the savory or namkeen ghol. this is a basic recipe and some ingredients can be easily added or skipped depending on your individual taste and preference. the below recipe serves 2, but you can double the recipe.
sattu ka ghol recipe below:
namkeen sattu drink recipe | sattu ka ghol recipe
sattu ka ghol recipe - savory summer drink made with roasted black chickpeas flour, black salt, herbs & spices.
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 750 ml chilled water
- 4 tablespoon sattu (roasted black chickpea flour)
- ½ teaspoon black salt or add as required
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder (kali mirch powder) - optional
- 3 teaspoon lemon juice or juice of 1 small lemon or lime
- 2 teaspoon chopped coriander leaves (dhania patta)
- 2 teaspoon chopped mint leaves (pudina patta)
how to make recipe
- in a mug or pan, add 4 tbsp sattu.
- add 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder.
- add 3 tsp lemon juice.
- add 1/2 tsp black salt.
- pour 750 ml chilled water.
- with a spoon, stir and mix well. break small lumps if any with the spoon.
- lastly add 2 tsp each of chopped mint and coriander leaves. you can skip one of them, if you do not have. you can also add green chilies and finely chopped onions if you prefer. you can also add black pepper powder.
- pour in glasses and serve sattu drink. you can also keep in refrigerator and then serve later.
recipe can be doubled or tripled.
spices can be added as per your taste.
note: as a blogger, if you you want to use this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to this recipe url on Veg Recipes of India. its a fair and ethical practice. for using our image please write to us. all our images and content are copyright protected.
how to make savory sattu drink recipe:
1. in a mug or pan, add 4 tbsp sattu.
2. add ½ tsp roasted cumin powder.
3. add 3 tsp lemon juice.
4. add ½ tsp black salt.
5. pour 750 ml chilled water.
6. with a spoon, stir and mix well. break small lumps if any with the spoon.
7. lastly add 2 tsp each of chopped mint and coriander leaves. you can skip one of them, if you do not have. you can also add green chilies and finely chopped onions if you prefer. you can also add black pepper powder.
8. pour in glasses and serve sattu ka ghol. you can also keep in refrigerator and then serve later.