Veg Cream Cheese Sandwich Recipe with step by step photos – easy breakfast or snack option are these grilled cream cheese sandwiches made with mixed veggies. Simple, budget-friendly, and endlessly versatile these sandwiches can be made in less than 20 minutes.
Sandwiches are a quick option that can be made for snacks and there are a lot of variations you can make in any sandwich recipe.
Any sandwich recipe is versatile enough for you to add your favorite veggies or herbs or spices. They can be made sweet as well as savory. Even these cream cheese sandwiches can be made in myriad ways.
The veg cream cheese sandwich recipe shared here is how we like these sandwiches at home. Feel free to swap in your own preferred type of bread, whatever veggies you have on hand, and any mixture of herbs and spices that you like.
I even add steamed corn kernels in these at times. Some boiled potato slices or beetroot slices can also be added in the sandwiches.
I have here used multi grain seeded bread. You can use any type of bread like white bread or brown bread or whole wheat bread. I usually grill or toast the sandwiches, but you can skip the grilling/toasting part if you want.
You can serve these sandwiches plain or with any dip or sauce of your choice. They also go well with cilantro chutney or mint chutney and tomato ketchup.
How to make Cream Cheese Sandwich
1. Take the bread slices. You can use any type of bread like White bread or Brown bread or Whole wheat bread or Whole wheat sandwich bread or multi grain bread.
If you prefer then you can remove the edges of the bread.
2. Spread cream cheese on them.
3. Sprinkle some crushed black pepper and mixed herbs. You can add your choice of dried herbs like oregano, basil, thyme etc.
You can also opt to use Italian seasoning or cajun seasoning if you like. You can also use red chili flakes to give a slightly spicy touch.
4. Then place a few slices of onions and tomatoes.
5. Place a few slices of cucumber and capsicum (green bell pepper). if you want to add steamed sweet corn kernels then add them at this step.
6. Sprinkle some crushed black pepper and mixed herbs again. You can also add a pinch of salt if you want.
7. Cover with the slice of bread in which cream cheese is spread.
8. Place sandwiches in a preheated toaster or grill.
9. Grill or toast till crisp and golden.
10. Remove on a plate. You can spread some butter on the veg cream cheese sandwich if you want.
11. Slice in two or fours parts and then Serve veg cream cheese sandwich with any dip or sauce of your choice. You can serve it with mint chutney or mint cilantro chutney or any green chutney of your choice.
If you are looking for more Sandwich recipes then do check:
Please be sure to rate the recipe in the recipe card or leave a comment below if you have made it. For more veetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or follow me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Cream Cheese Sandwich (With Mix Veggies)
- 8 to 10 bread slices – multi grain bread or whole wheat bread or white bread or brown bread
- 1 medium tomato – thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber – thinly sliced
- 1 onion – thinly sliced
- 1 small to medium capsicum (green bell pepper) – thinly sliced
- ⅓ to ½ cup steamed sweet corn kernels – optional
- cream cheese – as required
- crushed black pepper – add as required
- mixed herbs – add as required
- salt – optional or add as required
making cream cheese sandwich
- Take the bread slices and spread cream cheese on them
- Sprinkle some crushed black pepper and mixed herbs. You can add your choice of dried herbs.
- Then place a few slices of onions and tomatoes.
- Place a few slices of cucumber and capsicum (green bell pepper). If you want to add steamed sweet corn kernels then add at this step.
- Sprinkle some crushed black pepper and mixed herbs again. You can also add a pinch of salt if you want.
- Cover with the slice of bread in which cream cheese is spread.
grilling or toasting cream cheese sandwich
- Place in a preheated toaster or grill.
- Toast or grill the cream cheese sandwich till golden.
- Remove on a plate. You can spread some butter on the veg cream cheese sandwich if you want.
- Slice in two or fours parts and then serve.
- Serve veg cream cheese sandwich with any dip or sauce of your choice.
- Some boiled potatoes and boiled beetroot can also be added.
- You can also add steamed corn kernels.
- If using carrots, then grate the carrots and then add.
- You can add your choice of veggies.
- Even herbs and spices can be added as per your choice.
- These grilled sandwiches can also be grilled or toasted in a pan or tawa. Check the method on how to grill sandwiches on a tawa here – Grilled potato sandwich on tawa
Nutrition Info (Approximate Values)
This Cream Cheese Sandwich post from the archives first published in July 2017 has been republished and updated on January 2023.
Comments are closed.
Thanks for replying. appreciate your prompt reply.
Name of the cream cheese brand and where can I buy them in chennai
i have used mooz cream cheese. you should be able to get them in a super store in chennai. i bought online.
simple and easy, thanks for sharing Dassana. Hey which cream cheese to buy any suggestion please.
welcome ameena. you can buy any good quality cream cheese. for this recipe i have used mooz cream cheese and its a good creamy one.