This Vegan Chocolate Banana Smoothie was made on a day when it was pretty hot. I had some ripe bananas and in a whim, I decided to make this vegan chocolate banana smoothie. I had earlier bookmarked the original smoothie recipe from Dr Ben Kim’s site and have adapted it from here.
The original recipe uses vanilla beans and almond milk. I had vanilla beans, but I intended to use it in a cake or dessert, that I will make soon. So I have not added the vanilla beans. I did not have almond milk, so I have used soy milk. I also had some spare thai basil leaves and I have added these too the smoothie.
As far as the soy milk is concerned, you really need to adapt your taste to soy milk…. if you are new to it. Its very different from regular milk. I had ready made soy milk. But if you want, you can make the soy milk and also tofu at home.
Vegan Banana Chocolate Smoothie with Thai Basil:
Preparation Time: 2-3 mins
Smoothie making Time: 1-2 minutes
- 2 cups soy milk
- 2-3 chopped ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp sugar (add more or less as per your taste)
- 7-8 thai basil leaves
- 1 tbsp drinking chocolate
- a few ice cubes
- a pinch or two of grated nutmeg
Method to make Chocolate Banana Smoothie:
- Add the chopped bananas, soy milk and sugar in the blender.
- Add the thai basil leaves.
- Now add the drinking chocolate.
- Add the grated nutmeg.
- Add the ice cubes and blend for a minute or two. Serve chocolate banana smoothie garnished with thai basil leaves. Enjoy this healthy and delicious smoothie.
Chocolate Banana Smoothie recipe details below: