pomegranate smoothie recipe with step by step pics. this is a healthy smoothie recipe made with fresh pomegranate arils and almond milk. i have extracted the pomegranate juice first and then blended with almond milk. the almond milk which i used was flavored with cocoa, hence the light chocolate color of the smoothie. though even plain almond milk can be used.
usually most fruit smoothies i make are without dairy milk. milk along with milk products and certain fruits are an incompatible combination according to ayurveda. it can cause indigestion, bloating and sluggishness of the digestive system. hence i make milkshakes or smoothies with almond milk or coconut milk instead of dairy milk. even for every day recipes like apple milkshake or banana milkshake i avoid using dairy milk.
in the pomegranate smoothie recipe i have extracted the pomegranate juice. if you do not extract the juice and blend the pomegranate arils directly, then the smoothie will have a gritty sand like consistency. if you have ready pomegranate juice, then you can add 1 cup of it.
since summers have arrived, i will be sharing some more juices and smoothie recipes. both juices and smoothies keep the body hydrated during summers and also supply it with essential nutrients. one also feels refreshed after having any fresh fruit juice.
this smoothie recipe serves 1 tall glass or 2 small glasses. you can easily double or triple the recipe.
few more smoothie recipes i have already shared on blog are:
- pineapple smoothie recipe
- apple smoothie recipe
- strawberry smoothie recipe
- fresh figs smoothie recipe
- blueberry smoothie recipe
pomegranate smoothie recipe below:
pomegranate smoothie recipe
this is a healthy smoothie recipe made with pomegranate (anar) and almond milk.
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 2 cups pomegranate arils (got from 2 large pomegranates) or 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup almond milk – plain, vanilla or cocoa flavoured
- 1 to 2 tablespoons unrefined cane sugar or as required – optional, you can also use or maple syrup or honey or regular sugar
how to make recipe
add the pomegranate arils in the feeder tube of a juice extractor or electric juicer.
extract the juice and then take the juice in a blender jar.
add almond milk. you can use plain almond milk or cocoa flavored or vanilla. if using plain almond milk, then you can add 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder in the smoothie. even coconut milk can be used instead of almond milk.
add 1 to 2 tablespoons unrefined cane sugar or maple syrup or honey or regular sugar. sweetener is optional.
then blend pomegranate juice with almond milk.
pour in a glass and serve pomegranate smoothie straightaway.
- you can easily double or triple the recipe.
stepwise pomegranate smoothie recipe:
1. add the pomegranate arils in the feeder tube of a juice extractor or electric juicer.
2. extract the juice.
3. now take the juice in a blender jar. here i have used the same blender jar as the juice extractor is a part of the blender that i have. if using ready pomegranate juice, then add 1 cup of it in a blender jar.
4. add 1 cup almond milk. you can use plain almond milk or cocoa flavored or vanilla. if using plain almond milk, then you can add 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder in the smoothie. even coconut milk can be used instead of almond milk.
5. add 1 to 2 tablespoons unrefined cane sugar or maple syrup or honey or regular sugar. sweetener is optional.
6. then blend pomegranate juice with almond milk.
7. pour in a glass and serve pomegranate smoothie straightaway.
- i started vegrecipesofindia.com in feb 2009. it is a pure vegetarian blog and shares recipes with step by step photos.
i am passionate about cooking from childhood and learnt cooking from my elders. a home science degree course further enhanced my cooking and baking skills professionally along with an internship in a five star hotel. i am trained both in mainstream indian as well as international cuisines.
all the 1800 recipes posted on blog are tried and tested and made healthy wherever possible. the recipes are detailed and with step by step pictures that will easily help you to make delicious and tasty vegetarian food.
- Festival Recipes2018.09.19bhakarwadi recipe, how to make bhakarwadi recipe | bakarwadi recipe
- Festival Recipes2018.09.05kozhukattai recipe, how to make kozhukattai recipe for ganesh chaturthi
- Dinner Recipes2018.08.01macaroni recipe | indian style macaroni recipe | macaroni pasta recipe
- Cooking Tips & Methods2018.07.24custard recipe, how to make custard | vanilla custard recipe