strawberry lassi recipe with step by step photos – a fruity berry twist to the regular lassi. lassi is a popular drink during summers in north india. excellent for beating the heat.
i have a few recipes for the upcoming holi festival and this strawberry lassi is one of them. actually i wanted to make a bhaang lassi or bhaang pakoras, but its not available where we live. i have also come to know that bhaang which is kind of a intoxicant is banned in many indian states.
usually people make either the sweet punjabi lassi or salty lassi. but you can add flavors of few seasonal fruits to the lassi and make fruity lassis like this strawberry lassi recipe or a mango lassi or vegan papaya lassi or this mix fruit lassi recipe. i have also posted the masala lassi which has flavors of many indian spices.
while making lassi, remember to use fresh yogurt. the yogurt should not be sour. i have used here home made yogurt. the method is easy and you can easily make this recipe in huge quantities or double and triple it. this is a creamy thick rose scented strawberry lassi as i have added both cream and rose water. skip the cream if you do not want it.
strawberry lassi recipe below:
strawberry lassi recipe
strawberry lassi recipe - creamy, fruity, rose scented lassi made with yogurt, strawberries, cream and rose water.
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 325 to 350 grams strawberries
- 1 to 1.5 cups full fat chilled curd (yogurt or dahi)
- 2 to 3 tablespoon cream - 25 to 30% low fat cream
- 6 to 7 tablespoon sugar or honey - add as required and depending on the sweetness of the strawberries
- 1 to 2 teaspoon rose water
- one or two sliced strawberries for garnish
how to make recipe
- rinse, hull and roughly chop the strawberries.
- blend the strawberries with sugar or honey to a smooth puree.
- add yogurt, cream, rose water and pulse at intervals till you get a smooth, creamy lassi.
- serve the strawberry lassi immediately garnished with sliced strawberries or mint leaves. you can also add some ice cubes while serving the strawberry lassi.
few steps to make strawberry lassi recipe:
1. chop and then make a smooth puree of the strawberry & sugar or honey in a blender.
2. then add chilled yogurt, low fat cream and rose water.
3. blend till the yogurt is whipped well and evenly mixed with the strawberry puree. don’t over do. you can also pulse for some seconds instead of blending.
4.pour the lassi in tall glasses and garnish with strawberry slices. serve strawberry lassi immediately. you can also add some ice cubes while serving the lassi.