fruit lassi recipe with step by step photos – refreshing, healthy and cooling lassi for summers made with mix fruits.
lassi is a popular beverage in india, during summers. there are many varieties of lassi recipes that are made like:
in this fruit lassi recipe, i have only used mangoes and bananas as thats what i had. you can use other fruits also like apples, peaches, figs, berries, strawberries, chickoo. avoid using any citrus fruits as they don’t go well with curd. as per ayurveda ripe sweet mangoes and curd go well in combination with each other.
for making lassi its always good to use fresh curd/yogurt. homemade curd is always a better option. everyday i make curd at home and in the summer heat, it sets quickly. so either i make lassi or raita or kadhi with the curd. raita goes along very well with our usual sabzi, dal and roti menu. and to have lassi is refreshing and soothing, anytime during the day.
serve the fruit lassi immediately. you can also add some ice cubes or mint leaves or saffron strands while serving the lassi.
if you are looking for more beverages then do check:
- 1 large mango or 1 cup chopped mango
- 2 medium bananas or 3 small or 1 large banana - chopped
- ¾ to 1 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh curd (dahi or yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon rose water (optional)
- 4 to 5 green cardamoms (choti eliachi) - seeds kept and husks removed (optional)
- 4 to 5 tablespoon sugar or honey - add as required
- 7 to 8 ice cubes (optional)
- take the chopped mangoes and bananas in a blender. also add seeds of 4 to 5 cardamoms and 1 tbsp rose water. i added about 1 cup chopped mango and 2/3 cup chopped banana. add 1/2 cup milk and blend till smooth.
- then add 4 to 5 tbsp sugar/honey (add sugar or honey as required), 1/2 cup milk and 2 cups yogurt. you can also add ice cubes at this step.
- blend again till smooth.
- pour the lassi in tall glasses.
- serve mix fruit lassi immediatedly.
few steps to make mix fruits lassi
1. take the chopped mangoes and bananas in a blender. also add seeds of 4 to 5 cardamoms and 1 tbsp rose water (flavorings are optional and you can skip them). i added about 1 cup chopped mango and ⅔ cup chopped banana. add ½ cup milk.
2. blend till smooth.
3. then add 4 to 5 tbsp sugar/honey, ½ cup milk and 2 cups yogurt. you can also add ice cubes at this step. the recipe make a thick lassi. for a thin lassi, you could add more milk. addition of sugar or honey depends on the sweetness in the fruits, so you can add accordingly. for a diabetic friendly lassi, just skip the sugar and use no fat milk and no fat or low fat yogurt. you can also use water instead of milk.
4. blend again till smooth.
5. pour in tall glasses and serve mix fruit lassi immediately.