Strawberry lassi recipe with step by step photos – a fruity berry twist to the regular lassi. Lassi is a popular drink during summers in north India. Excellent for beating the heat.
I have a few recipes for the upcoming Holi festival and this strawberry lassi is one of them. Actually I wanted to make a bhaang lassi or bhaang pakoras, but its not available where we live. I have also come to know that bhaang which is kind of an intoxicant is banned in many Indian states.
Usually people make Either the sweet Punjabi Lassi or Salted lassi. but you can add flavors of few seasonal fruits to the lassi and make fruity lassis like this strawberry lassi or a Mango lassi or Vegan papaya lassi or this Fruit lassi. I have also posted the Masala lassi which has flavors of many Indian spices.
While making strawberry lassi, remember to use fresh yogurt. the yogurt should not be sour. I have used here homemade yogurt.
The method is easy and you can easily make this recipe in huge quantities or double and triple it. This is a creamy thick rose-scented strawberry lassi as I have added both cream and rose water. Skip the cream if you do not want it.
How make strawberry lassi
1. Chop and then make a smooth puree of the strawberry & sugar or honey in a blender.
2. Then add chilled yogurt, low-fat cream and rose water.
3. Blend till the yogurt is whipped well and evenly mixed with the strawberry puree. Don’t overdo. You can also pulse for some seconds instead of blending.
4.pour in tall glasses and garnish with strawberry slices. Serve strawberry lassi immediately. You can also add some ice cubes while serving.
- 325 to 350 grams strawberries
- 1 to 1.5 cups full fat chilled curd (yogurt)
- 2 to 3 tablespoon cream - 25 to 30% low fat cream
- 6 to 7 tablespoon sugar or honey - add as required and depending on the sweetness of the strawberries
- 1 to 2 teaspoon rose water
- one or two sliced strawberries for garnish
- Rinse, hull and roughly chop the strawberries.
- Blend the strawberries with sugar or honey to a smooth puree.
- Add yogurt, cream, rose water and pulse at intervals till you get a smooth, creamy lassi.
- Serve the strawberry lassi immediately garnished with sliced strawberries or mint leaves. You can also add some ice cubes while serving.