Strawberry Lassi recipe with step by step photos – a fruity berry twist to the regular lassi. Lassi is a popular drink during summers in North India. Excellent for beating the heat.
I have a few recipes for the upcoming Holi festival and this strawberry lassi is one of them. Actually I wanted to make a bhaang lassi or bhaang pakoras, but its not available where we live. I have also come to know that bhaang which is kind of an intoxicant is banned in many Indian states.
Usually people make simple and sweet Punjabi Lassi. But you can add flavors of few seasonal fruits to the lassi and make fruity lassi like this strawberry lassi or a Mango lassi.
Lassi can be served even for brunches or for a filling breakfast. You can also prep ahead and make lassi to be served later after few hours.
While making strawberry lassi, remember to use fresh yogurt. The yogurt should not be sour. I have used here homemade curd (yogurt).
The method is easy and you can easily make this recipe in huge quantities or double and triple it. This is a creamy thick rose-scented strawberry lassi as I have added both cream and rose water. Skip the cream and rose water if you do not prefer them.
How make Strawberry Lassi
1. First rinse the strawberries a few times in water. Drain all the water and set the strawberries aside.
Remove the top green stems and then chop the strawberries if they are large-sized. It is better to use sweet tasting strawberries while making this strawberry drink.
Add them to a blender together with sugar or honey or your preferred sweetener. Blitz to make a smooth and fine puree of the strawberry and sugar or honey in the blender.
2. Then add chilled or cold curd (yogurt), low-fat cream or light cream and rose water. Make sure that the yogurt is fresh and has a sweet-sour taste. It should not be overly sour or tangy.
3. Blend till the yogurt is whipped well and evenly mixed with the strawberry puree. Don’t overdo. You can also pulse for some seconds instead of blending.
4. Pour in tall glasses and garnish with strawberry slices. Serve strawberry lassi immediately. You can also add some ice cubes while serving.
Few more Strawberry recipes to try:
Please be sure to rate the recipe in the recipe card or leave a comment below if you have made it. For more veetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or follow me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
- 325 to 350 grams strawberries
- 1 to 1.5 cups Curd (yogurt), full-fat and chilled
- 2 to 3 tablespoon cream – 25 to 30% low fat cream or light cream
- 6 to 7 tablespoon sugar or honey, add as required and depending on the sweetness of the strawberries
- 1 to 2 teaspoon rose water
- 1 to 2 strawberries (sliced), for garnish
- Rinse, hull and roughly chop the strawberries.
- Blend the strawberries with sugar or honey to a smooth puree.
- Add yogurt, cream, rose water and pulse at intervals till you get a smooth, creamy lassi.
- Serve the strawberry lassi immediately garnished with sliced strawberries or mint leaves. You can also add some ice cubes while serving.
- Use fresh, ripe and sweet tasting strawberries.
- Depending on the sweetness of strawberries, you can add less or more sugar.
- Ensure that the curd or yogurt is not very sour or tangy.
Nutrition Info (Approximate Values)
This Strawberry Lassi post from the archives first published on May 2014 has been republished and updated on November 2022.
Oh this style of lassi is so, so yummy!! One of my favourites & brings back memories for me.
One of the many delicious drinks, to come out of India.
Is it sour curd or it’s sweet curd
mehwish, fresh sweet curd.
first of all thankq really dis recipes are really well and taste .. i want some creative recipes
welcome vijayalakshmikannan. keep checking the blog for more recipes.
How are you Ma’am?
I had made it last week & was cool tasty & refreshing. Thank you for recipe.
welcome bhumika. i am fine and hope the same for you.
We have tried this and this perfact for summer holi.Happy Holi .
Thanks for sharing.
welcome amrita. happy holi