mix vegetable pakora recipe with step by step photos. here’s another veg pakora recipe for the monsoons…. hot hot crispy crunchy mix vegetable pakora. they are easy and quick to make.
i had made lovely mirch, potato and brinjal pakoras for my friends and they all loved it. you can use different veggies like cauliflower, capsicum, cabbage, raw banana, aubergines, potato, sweet potato, bitter gourd, green chili and of course onions.
along with the vegetable pakoras i have also made bread pakoras. pakoras are loved by indians and even my friends from other countries love it.
if you are looking for more pakora recipes then do check cheese bread pakora, paneer pakora, bread pakora, moong dal bhajiya, kanda bhaji (mumbai style onion pakora) and vengaya bajji recipe (south indian style onion pakora).
mix vegetable pakora recipe card below:
the mix vegetable pakora are an easy and quick to make snack. use any vegetables that you have and you have a hot crispy snack ready.
- 3 cups gram flour (besan)
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds (safed til) - optional
- 1 to 2 pinch asafoetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- water to make the batter
- oil for frying
- salt as required
- 2 small brinjals, sliced (baingan)
- 1 large potato, thinly sliced (aloo)
- 4 green chili – the larger variety of green chillies meant for pakoras, slit from one side (pakora bhajji)
- 2 to 3 slices of bread
in a bowl take all the dry ingredients meant 'for the pakora batter'.
add water and prepare the batter. the batter should not be too thick nor too thin.
- slice the brinjals thinly and keep them in salted water for about 15-20 mins
- thinly slice the potatoes also. slit the green chillies without breaking them. the top and the base of the green chillies must be intact.
- now heat oil for deep frying the pakoras.
- dip the vegetable slices one by one in the batter and slid these into the oil.
fry the pakoras in batches and drain the fried vegetable pakoras on kitchen tissue.
- sprinkle some chaat masala on the pakoras.
- serve the mix vegetable pakora piping hot and have fun during the monsoons.
how to make to make mix veg pakora recipe:
1. measure all the dry ingredients and spice powders for making pakoras.
2. in a bowl, mix 2 cups of besan (gram flour) and add salt as required.
3. also add 1 teaspoon of ajwain (carom seeds).
4. add ½ teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon red chili powder and a generous pinch of hing (asafoetida).
5. add ⅓ cup of rice flour.
6. stir and mix well.
7. add water as required and prepare the batter.
8. the batter should not be too thick nor too thin. batter should be of pouring consistency. taste the batter and if your taste buds feel that the spice powders or salt is little less in it, then add some more.
9. slice 2 small baingan (brinjals) thinly and keep them in salted water for about 15 to 20 minutes.
10. thinly slice 1 large potato. slit the 4 green chillies without breaking them. the top and the base of the green chillies must be intact. also slice 3 breads and place aside.
frying mix vegetable pakoras:
11. now heat oil for deep frying the pakoras.
12. dip the vegetable slices one by one in the batter and slid them into the oil. i have fried the potato slices first.
13. turn over after 2-3 minutes and fry the other side.
14. similarly dip the slit green chilies into the pakora batter and slid them in hot oil.
15. turn over after 2-3 minutes and fry the other side.
16. now fry the bread slices in the same way. fry them till they become crisp and golden brown.
17. finally fry the brinjal slices same way. fry them till they become crisp and golden brown.
18. fry the pakoras in batches.
19. when they are crisp and golden brown remove from oil and drain the fried vegetable pakoras on kitchen tissue. sprinkle some chaat masala on the pakoras.