here’s another recipe for the monsoons…. hot hot crispy crunchy mix vegetable pakora. they are easy and quick to make.
i had made lovely mirch, potato and brinjal pakoras for my friends and they all loved it. you can use different veggies like cauliflower, capsicum, cabbage, raw banana, aubergines, potato, sweet potato, bitter gourd, green chili and of course onions.
along with the vegetable pakoras i have also made bread pakoras. pakoras are loved by indians and even my friends from other countries love it.
mix vegetable pakora: serves 3-4
preparation time: 20 mins
cooking time: 30 min
total time: 50 mins
for the pakora batter:
- 3 cups besan/chickpea flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp ajwain/carom seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- a pinch or two of hing/asafoetida
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- water to make the batter
- oil for frying
- 2 small brinjals
- 1 large potato
- 4 green chili – the larger variety of green chillies meant for pakoras
- 2-3 slices of bread
method to make mix veg pakora:
- in a bowl take all the dry ingredients meant for the batter.
- add water and prepare the batter. the batter should not be too thick nor too thin. taste the batter and if your taste buds feel that the spice powders or salt is little less in it, then add some more.
- slice the brinjals thinly and keep them in salted water for about 15-20 mins.
- thinly slice the potatoes also. slit the green chillies without breaking them. the top and the base of the green chillies must be intact.
- now heat oil for deep frying the pakoras. dip the vegetable slices one by one in the batter and slid these into the oil.
- turn over after 2-3 minutes and fry the other side.
- fry the pakoras in batches.
- when they are crisp and golden brown remove from oil and drain the fried vegetable pakoras on kitchen tissue.
- sprinkle some chaat masala on the pakoras. serve the mix vegetable pakora piping hot and have fun during the monsoons.
you might also love to check these pakora recipes:
- palak pakora
- dill leaves pakora
- crisp cabbage pakora
- punjabi kadhi pakora
- bread pakoras with cheese
- bread pakora with stuffed potato
mix vegetable pakora recipe details are below: