vegetable pakora recipe with step by step photos – one easy and tasty recipe of pakora made with mixed veggies which have a crisp texture from outside and are soft from inside.
any pakora is a favorite at home. by now i must have posted many varieties of pakoda recipes. depending on the veggie you use, the pakora will also taste different. in this recipe of mix vegetable pakoda, the finely chopped veggies add much softness in the texture. so the pakoras are crisp from outside and nicely soft from within. even a mix veg vada has the same texture.
i have also shared mix veg pakora recipe where each vegetable is sliced, dipped in pakora batter and then fried. this version of making pakoras with various vegetables is good when you have picky eaters in your family. thus they can choose their favorite veggie pakora which they like.
however if you want your family members to eat all veggies in one pakora then you can go for the recipe shared in this post. for a healthy variation you can air fry the pakoras. just keep the batter thick for air frying the pakoras.
you can use any veggies you have. i have used a mix of cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, capsicum and french beans. you can either grate or chop the veggies. if chopping, then finely chop the veggies. you do not want large chunks of veggies in the pakoda. for chopping ease, you can use a food chopper or a processor to do this job.
mix vegetable pakoras taste great with mint-coriander chutney or tomato ketchup. these crisp veggie fritters also make for a nice evening snack.
if you are looking for more snacks recipes then do check:
vegetable pakora recipe card below:
vegetable pakora recipe
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- ⅓ cup finely chopped cabbage (patta gobhi)
- ¼ cup finely chopped carrot (gajar)
- ¼ cup finely chopped cauliflower (phool gobi)
- ¼ cup finely chopped capsicum (shimla mirch)
- ⅛ cup finely chopped french beans
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 1 green chilli, chopped (hari mirch)
- ⅓ cup chopped coriander leaves (dhania patta)
- ½ teaspoon chopped ginger (adrak)
- ½ cup besan (gram flour)
- ¼ cup water or add as required
- 1 pinch turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 pinch asafoedita (hing)
- ¼ teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
- ¼ teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- salt as required
how to make vegetable pakora recipe
making batter for vegetable pakoras:
- rinse, peel and then finely chop all the veggies. take all of them in a mixing bowl. you can even grate the veggies.
- also add chopped onions, green chilies and ginger.
- add all spice powders including salt. mix everything very well.
- now add 1/2 cup besan/gram flour.
- mix again very well and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- add water in parts.
- mix to a thick yet flowing batter. i added overall 1/4 cup water.
frying mix vegetable pakoras:
- heat oil for deep frying. when the oil becomes hot, then drop spoonfuls of the batter in the oil. fry pakoras on a medium flame.
- when one side is cooked and light golden, flip and fry the other side.
- flip couple of times and fry till the pakoras are crisp and golden.
remove the vegetable pakoras in a slotted spoon. drain them on kitchen paper towels. fry the pakoras in batches this way.
serve vegetable pakora with any chutney or sauce of your choice.
- you can add your choice of veggies.
note: as a blogger, if you you want to use this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to this recipe url - vegetable pakora recipe on Veg Recipes of India. its a fair and ethical practice. for using our image please write to us. all our images and content are copyright protected.
how to make vegetable pakora recipe:
1. rinse, peel and then finely chop all the veggies. take them in a mixing bowl. for this recipe, you will need ⅓ cup finely chopped cabbage, ¼ cup finely chopped carrot, ¼ cup finely chopped cauliflower, ¼ cup finely chopped capsicum, ⅛ cup finely chopped french beans, ¼ cup chopped onions, 1 green chilli chopped, ½ teaspoon chopped ginger and ⅓ cup chopped coriander leaves. you can use your choice of veggies too.
2. now add the spice powders – a pinch of turmeric powder, a pinch of asafoedita (hing), ¼ teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds), ¼ teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder and ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder. also add salt as required.
3. mix everything very well.
4. then add ½ cup besan (gram flour).
5. mix again very well and keep aside for 5 minutes.
6. add water in parts and begin to mix.
7. mix to a thick yet flowing batter. i added overall ¼ cup water.
8. heat oil for deep frying. when the oil becomes hot, then drop spoonfuls of the batter in the oil. fry pakoras on a medium flame.
9. when one side is cooked and light golden, flip and fry the other side.
10. flip a couple of times.
11. fry till the vegetable pakoras are crisp and golden.
12. remove the pakoras in a slotted spoon.
13. drain them on kitchen paper towels. fry the vegetable pakoras in batches this way.