Coriander chutney recipe with step by step photos. This cilantro chutney is a staple in Indian cooking. It is gluten-free, vegan and a no onion and no garlic chutney.
One chutney and many uses. This chutney is a nice accompaniment with veg sandwich, fritters, patties, dhokla, dabeli, aloo tikki burger.
By the way if you do not have time to make Coconut chutney for idli, dosa or medu vada, then you can make this chutney instead and it goes well with South Indian snacks too. This chutney is great to go on a sandwich or also as a dip for dosa or for idli.
Usually I make green chutneys and keep them in the fridge. They are very handy when you want to apply them to your toasts or breads or have them as a dip with some finger food or snacks.
Follow this easy cilantro chutney recipe and it just might become a staple food in your home!
How to make coriander chutney or cilantro chutney
1. In a blender or chutney grinder, add 1 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves, ½ inch chopped ginger and 1 chopped green chili.
2. Add 1 or 2 tsp lemon juice, ½ tsp cumin powder (ground cumin) and black salt or rock salt or sea salt as required.
3. With some water blend or grind all the ingredients in a blender or chutney grinder or magic bullet till smooth. Check the seasoning and add more salt or lemon juice if required.
4. Serve coriander chutney with snacks like sandwiches, patties, fritters or Indian snacks like bhel puri, ragda patties, sev puri, samosa. The chutney stays well for 6-7 days.
If you are looking for more Chutney recipes then do check:
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. If you want more delicious vegetarian Indian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later
coriander chutney | cilantro chutney
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves (cilantro leaves or dhania patta)
- ½ inch ginger - chopped
- 1 green chili - chopped
- 1 or 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder (ground cumin)
- black salt or rock salt or sea salt as required
- In a blender or chutney grinder, add 1 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves, ½ inch chopped ginger and 1 chopped green chilli.
- Add 1 or 2 tsp lemon juice, ½ tsp cumin powder/jeera powder and black salt or rock salt or sea salt as required.
- With some water blend or grind all the ingredients in a blender or chutney grinder or magic bullet till smooth. Check the seasoning and add more salt or lemon juice if required.
- Store the cilantro chutney in a covered bowl or container in the refrigerator.
- Use the chutney whenever required. It goes well with variety of snacks like pakoras, sandwiches, samosa, burger, idli, dosa, dhokla, dabeli, bhel puri, sev puri and other chaat recipes.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.