chocolate milkshake recipe with step by step photos – easy and quick recipe to prepare delicious chocolate shake made with cocoa powder.
i wanted to share chocolate milkshake recipe from a long time. finally made the recipe and took video. chocolate milkshake also known as choco milkshake is a popular drink with all age groups. there are many methods of preparing chocolate milkshake. this is how i make it. i have always been making chocolate milkshake with cocoa powder.
to get the best taste in chocolate shake
- i would suggest using a good quality cocoa powder.
- both ice cream and ice cubes are optional and you can skip them. you can add either vanilla ice cream or chocolate ice cream or choco chip ice cream in the milkshake.
- without ice cream also the chocolate milkshake tastes good.
for a dairy free version of chocolate shake, you can use almond milk or soy milk.
chocolate milkshake recipe video
how to make chocolate milkshake
a) making cocoa solution
1. in a small bowl, take ¼ cup warm water.
2. add 3 tablespoons cocoa powder. you can even add 2 tablespoons cocoa powder.
3. then add ¼ cup sugar. you can add sugar less or more as per taste.
4. mix very well so that the sugar as well as the cocoa powder is dissolved in the warm water.
making chocolate shake
5. now pour this cocoa solution in a blender or mixer.
6. add some ice cubes.
7. add 2.5 cups chilled milk.
8. blend till smooth.
9. drizzle some chocolate syrup at the sides of glasses. this is an optional step.
9. pour chocolate milkshake in glasses.
10. then add a scoop of chocolate ice cream.
11. serve chocolate milkshake immediately. for more milkshakes recipes, you can check this collection of milkshakes recipes.
few more tasty recipes for you!
for the cocoa solution
- ¼ cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ cup sugar or add as per taste
- 2.5 cups chilled milk
- 6 to 8 ice cubes - OPTIONAL
- 2 to 3 chocolate ice cream scoops - OPTIONAL
- some chocolate sauce - OPTIONAL
making cocoa solution
- in a small bowl, take ¼ cup warm water.
- add 3 tablespoons cocoa powder. you can even add 2 tablespoons cocoa powder.
- then add ¼ cup sugar. you can add sugar less or more as per taste.
- mix very well so that the sugar as well as the cocoa powder is dissolved in the warm water.
making chocolate milkshake
- now pour this cocoa solution in a blender or mixer.
- add some ice cubes and 2.5 cups milk.
- blend till smooth.
- drizzle some chocolate syrup at the sides of glasses. this is an optional step.
- pour chocolate milkshake in glasses.
- then add a scoop of chocolate ice cream.
- serve immediately.
- recipe can be doubled or tripled
- you can add less or mores sugar as per your preferences.
- also cocoa powder can be added less or more.
- do use a good quality cocoa powder.
- use almond milk or soy milk for a dairy free version.