Mango ice cream recipe with step by step pics – easy recipe of delicious mango ice cream made without an ice cream maker.
So this is a Three-ingredient mango ice cream made with mangoes, fresh cream and sugar/honey. Yes vanilla is also added, which makes it the fourth ingredient. But its entirely optional and you can simply skip it.
Every year during summers, I make this no cook mango ice cream a couple of times. In the Indian summer season, the markets are flooded with mangoes. I always make it a point to buy organic mangoes in this season.
This recipe was also a request, as a dear & frequent reader suhani had requested me to post some ice cream recipes. This quick mango ice cream is adapted from the Pomegranate ice cream i had posted some months back.
I have also posted another version of Easy one bowl mango ice cream that is made with condensed milk.
Serve this creamy mango ice cream plain as it is or topped with some finely chopped dry fruits or with a chocolate or caramel sauce.
How to make mango ice cream
1: peel and chop the mangoes and add them in a blender or mixer jar.
2: blend till smooth.
3. Then add sugar or powdered jaggery & vanilla extract along with the mangoes in a blender. You can also use honey. I have made this ice cream both with sugar as well as powdered jaggery. Both ways the ice cream tastes good. You can also add sugar or jaggery when blending the mangoes.
4. Mix well till the sugar dissolves.
5. In another bowl begin to whip the cream with an electric beater.
6. whip till you get soft peaks in the cream. Don’t overdo as then the cream will curdle and whey will be formed along with butter.
7. Add the mango pulp to the whipped cream.
8. Fold or mix gently.
9. The entire ice cream mixture should be mixed evenly.
10. Pour the ice cream mixture in a freezer proof container or box. Cover the container tightly with a lid. Even the top with a spatula.
11. Keep the ice cream in the freezer for a few hours till it is half set. Remove and add the ice cream to a blender jar or in a bowl.
12. Whip again till smooth and you see the volume increasing. You can also whip in a blender or food processor. Then pour in the same container and freeze till set. Remember to cover the container with a lid. You can also whip the ice cream once more after it partly sets again, for a more smoother texture.
13. Once set, then Serve the mango ice cream scoops topped with honey, chocolate sauce or you can even serve it with slices of cake as a dessert.
Few more similar recipes on blog are:
- Strawberry ice cream
- Chocolate ice cream
- Pistachio ice cream
- Malai kulfi
- Mango mousse
- Vanilla ice cream
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. If you want more delicious vegetarian Indian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later
Mango Ice Cream
- 2 to 2.25 cups heavy whipping cream or 25% to 35% low fat cream or 500 ml to 562 ml cream (i used amul 25% low fat cream)
- 200 grams mangoes or 2 large alphonso mangoes or 1 cup mango puree
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla powder or ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ to ½ cup sugar or powdered jaggery or honey - add as required
- honey or any sweet syrup to top over the ice cream (optional)
- Peel and chop the mangoes.
- Blend the mangoes, vanilla extract and sugar to a smooth pulp.
- Whip the cream till soft peaks are formed.
- Then add the mango pulp. Fold or mix well.
- Check the sweetness and add more sugar if required.
- Pour in a tray or container and place in the freezer. Cover the container.
- When the ice cream is half frozen remove from the freezer.
- Whip again for a minute.
- Pour the ice cream contents again in the container with lid. freeze till set.
- Scoop the mango ice cream and serve with honey, cakes or just plain.
2. Sweetness can always be adjusted as per your requirements.
3. For best results and a softer texture, whip the cream really well. You can also whip the cream in a blender or a hand blender.
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.