Here’s a recipe for a dreamy, creamy, pretty in pink dessert that might look extremely hard to prepare because of its avant garde looks, but is nowhere close to difficult in reality – the 3-ingredient Strawberry Mousse. Egg-free, quick and super delish, this Strawberry Mousse recipe is one of the best ways you can use up those fresh strawberries of the season. Better, stock up some strawberries for later, as the flavors of this mousse will make you want to make it again and again!
Table of Contents
About Strawberry Mousse
Usually, I end up making cakes, muffins and desserts once or twice a week at home. This base formula of a mousse, which I keep experimenting with by adding different fruits is my go-to recipe. This Strawberry Mousse recipe is one of those many tried and tested versions.
I came across this particular mousse recipe a few years back in one of the cookbooks. It has stuck with me till today and I have been making variations with it.
Other than this Strawberry Mousse, I have also used the same recipe for these delicious Mango Mousse, Chocolate Mousse and the unique Banana Mousse too.
All you need for this Strawberry Mousse recipe is fresh strawberries, fresh cream and sugar. Just process these as the recipe calls for and enjoy a smooth, decadent dessert done within minutes. The only time that you’ll have to wait for is for the mousse to chill and set completely.
Why this Strawberry Mousse is a winner recipe?
Because it is no cook, really easy to make, eggless and naturally vegetarian. This Strawberry Mousse recipe also doesn’t have any sign of agar agar or gelatin in it. Still the result is a beautifully set mousse ready without any extra efforts.
This egg-free mousse made with strawberries makes for the perfect sweet ending to any meal, whether Indian, western or just otherwise too.
You can easily double the recipe to make it for more people. It surely will be the show stopper at your house parties!
How to make Strawberry Mousse
1. Rinse, hull and chop 250 grams (or about 9 ounces) fresh strawberries. Add them to a blender along with sugar.
I added about 4 tablespoons sugar. But the amount of sugar to be added depends how tart the strawberries are. So, adjust accordingly.
Note that the mousse can also be made with frozen strawberries. Thaw them for 15 to 20 minutes or until they soften slightly. Later blend with the sugar.
2. Blend to a smooth and fine puree. Make sure that there are no strawberry chunks left.
3. Pour 1 tablespoon of the strawberry puree in shot glasses or bowls. I added the puree in 4 glasses.
Make Strawberry Mousse
4. Add 200 ml chilled cream to the puree in the blender. Here, I used 25% fat cream. You can use 25% to 35% or even 36% to 50% fat cream – which is basically whipping cream or heavy cream.
5. Pulse 5 to 7 times till the cream is well blended with the strawberry puree. After you pulse once or twice, do check the taste and add more sugar if needed. Then, continue to pulse.
6. Spoon the mousse in the shot glasses or bowls.
7. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours or till well set.
8. Garnish the set Strawberry Mousse with strawberry slices and serve chilled.
- I use the light cream (with 25% fat) for this recipe. If you have whipping cream or 35% to 50% fat cream, you can use them as well.
- Make variations of this recipe with other fruits like bananas, mangoes, apples and blueberries. However, do not use citrus fruits or melon.
- This Strawberry Mousse can be served plain. You can also top it with fresh strawberry slices, some whipped cream, grated chocolate or fresh mint leaves.
Before adding the cream, smell it. It should have a fresh, milky aroma to it. If it smells even faintly sour, don’t use it.
You can add toppings like fresh strawberry slices, grated chocolate, fresh mint leaves, marshmallows or even whipped cream.
Yes. However, the taste will alter if you use hung curd and the mousse will have more sourness to it. Adjust the sweetener accordingly when using hung curd and strawberries together.
No, you cannot use milk as it will not give it a mousse like consistency.
More Strawberry Recipes To Try!
Gluten Free Recipes
Please be sure to rate the recipe in the recipe card or leave a comment below if you have made it. For more veetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or follow me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Strawberry Mousse Recipe
- 250 grams strawberry or 9 ounces
- 200 ml cream – light cream with 25% to 35% fat or whipping cream with 36% to 50% fat
- 4 tablespoons sugar or add as required
- Rinse, hull and chop the strawberries. Add them to a blender along with sugar.
- Blend to a fine and smooth puree without any strawberry chunks.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the puree in each of the shot glasses or bowls.
- Add chilled cream to the strawberry puree in the blender.
- Pulse 5 to 7 times till the cream is well blended with the strawberry puree.
- Spoon the mousse in the shot glasses or bowls.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours or till well set.
- Serve the Strawberry Mousse chilled and garnished with strawberry slices or grated chocolate.
- It is better to use sweet tasting strawberries, so that you can add less sugar.
- You can also use frozen strawberries to make this dessert.
- Make sure the cream is fresh and not rancid.
- You may have to add more sugar, if you use heavy cream with 40% to 50% fat.
- Recipe can be scaled easily to make for more servings.
Nutrition Info (Approximate Values)
This Strawberry Mousse recipe from the archives first published on February 2015 has been republished and updated in January 2023.
Comments are closed.
As its holi season, do you think I can add thandai syrup instead of strawberries and the mousse will taste good? Any thandai mousse recipe that u can help me with. I love ur mousse recipes and the fact that you dont use agar agar or gelatin.
ruchi, you can add thandai syrup. just beat the cream very well. it will help to set the mousse well. first whip the cream with powdered sugar. add as required depending on the sweetness of thandai syrup. then add thandai syrup and fold gently with the cream. optionally you even add fresh mango pulp as the thickness of mango pulp will help in setting the mousse. but if you beat cream till stiff peaks, then also the mousse will set nicely.
By refrigerate do u mean in freezer?
I put them in freezer and they became a little hard.
welcome ruchi. not in the freezer. just in the fridge. remove from the freezer and keep in the fridge.
Can i add thandai syrup in the cream to make thandai mousse? Pls suggest.
Ruchi, please refresh the page. i have already replied. because of cache sometimes the reply is not visible unless you refresh the page (F5 key in desktop)
Please send me receipes on saltless fasting thank you jai maata di
ashnie, you can check navrati fasting recipes here – https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/navratri-recipes-navratri-fasting-recipes/
Hi dassana – do we need to whip the cream to stiff peaks with the puree? In steps 4-5.. Thanks
hi pia, till soft peaks.
Shall we use strawberry crush instead of real strawberries?
Can I use icecream instand of cream?
ranjeeta, i don’t know. never tried this way.
Nice my lital girl nexa is say it’s very, very yami .
Hi dassana, i tried the abv recipie today , hv kept it the fridge to set .. it does taste good.. but the mousse that i made was a little wattery .. unlike yours looks thick … i hope it sets well …. but this indeed is quick and tasty and easy …
thanks marina. glad to know that you liked the taste of mousse. i think it needs to set.
Hi, it dint set .. but tasted awesome … probably i used grinder and not a blender ….
marina, in that case may be the cream has got too much beaten or whipped. so some whey must have formed leading to a watery consistency.
Since I was a child there was always a package or two of instant strawberry mousse in our pantry. I am finally boycotting the packages and starting to make your version with real fruit!! Thank you so much ..
welcome dani. living in india, we never had such instant mousse treats. everything was made at home from scratch. real fruits always taste better than the ready to make and instant mixes. do try this mousse. its tastes damn good.
Tried the orange cake today . came out awesome and very soft too!! My MIL was impressed 🙂 thanks for the recipe.
welcome nisha. glad to know this. thanks for sharing positive review.
wow! looks so amazing so creamy
I am surely going to try this….after a long time commenting here Dassana :)!
anamika, good to see you back. do try, it is very delicious.
can we use amul cream?
i have used amul cream only. so you can use it.
Hi, do u mean amul fresh cream that we get in India?
yes. amul cream that we get in india.