Vrat ki coconut chutney recipe with step by step photos – I make this simplest coconut chutney on fasting days to be served as a side dish with the vrat snacks and also at times when I want to make a quick coconut chutney.
This coconut chutney recipe is adapted from my mom’s recipe and she usually tempers the chutney. When making on fasting days, I don’t temper the chutney. But otherwise sometimes I do prepare the tempering.
I always freeze fresh grated coconut and this comes handy when making any coconut chutney or coconut based dish. This chutney is just made up of only 3 ingredients – coconut, green chilies and rock salt.
Green chilies provide a lot of flavor and balances the slight sweet tones of the coconut in this chutney recipe. Depending on the pungency of the chilies, I use one or two in the chutney. You can add as per your requirements.
This coconut chutney goes well with the fasting or vrat snacks that are made during Navratri, Ekadashi or Janmashtami. it also goes very well with idli, dosa and medu vada. In the above pic, the coconut chutney is served with a no onion medu vada.
How to make vrat ki coconut chutney
1. Measure all the ingredients and keep aside for making coconut chutney.
2. In a blender jar take ¾ to 1 cup of grated coconut (fresh or frozen). Also add 1 to 2 chopped green chilies and rock salt or sendha namak as required.
3. Next add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water or add as required.
4. Grind all the three ingredients till smooth. don’t make the chutney too watery.
If you are looking for more Fasting recipes then do check:
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign Up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
vrat ki coconut chutney
- ¾ to 1 cup grated coconut - fresh or frozen
- 1 or 2 green chilies - or as required
- rock salt (edible and food grade) or sendha namak or upwas ka namak as required
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water or as required
- Grind all the three ingredients with little water till smooth.
- Don't make the chutney too watery.
- Serve coconut chutney with vrat or fasting snacks.
- This vrat ki coconut chutney also goes well with the regular idli, dosa and medu vada.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.