cheese garlic toast recipe with step by step photos – a quick breakfast recipe for the early morning hours when we don’t have enough time to prepare an elaborate breakfast.
in the hustle and bustle of city life we sometime skip our breakfast, which is an important meal of the day. toasts, sandwiches, porridge, smoothies, juices and fruit salad are good option for folks who don’t have much time in morning to prepare their breakfast.
i have already posted a similar recipe of cheese chilli toast and few other quick recipes like:
just make sure you use a healthy loaf of bread or baguette made with whole wheat, oats, multi grain and other healthy flours.
for the garlic butter spread, i have used celery. skip celery if you don’t have it. if you have ample time before hand, then you can also make your own brown bread or whole wheat bread or garlic bread at home.
if you are looking for more similar recipes then do check:
cheese garlic toast recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 5 to 6 bread slices Or 8 to 9 baguette slices - whole wheat bread, oats bread, brown bread or white bread
- 2.5 to 3 tablespoon salted butter at room temperature
- 1.5 teaspoon finely chopped or minced garlic (lahsun)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped celery (optional)
- black pepper powder (kali mirch powder) as required (optional)
- grated mozzarella + cheddar cheese as required
How to Make Recipe
- preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/356 degrees F.
- mix the finely chopped garlic and celery with the butter and stir briskly till the butter become smooth, light and fluffy.
- slice the bread from the loaf or baguette.
- spread the garlic butter on the bread slices.
- if using unsalted butter, sprinkle some salt on the bread.
- top with grated cheese.
- place the bread on a cookie sheet or wired rack and keep in the pre heated oven.
- bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees C/356 degrees F, for 7 to 8 mins or till the cheese melts.
- if you want the cheese to be golden and the bread to be toasted very well, then you have to bake for a longer time.
- remove and slice the toasts.
- serve cheese garlic toast hot sprinkled with red chili flakes and with a cheesy dip or guacamole or tomato ketchup.
how to make cheese garlic toast
1. slice the loaf or baguette. here i used homemade whole wheat loaf. you can also use brown bread or white bread, if you prefer.
2. mix the garlic and celery with the butter and stir briskly till the butter becomes fluffy and light.
3. spread the garlic butter on the bread slices.
4. top with grated cheese.
5. place the bread on a cookie sheet or wired rack and keep in the pre heated oven at 180 degrees C/356 degrees F.
6. bake for 6 to 7 mins till the cheese melts and the sides of the bread turn light golden. if you want the cheese to be golden and the bread to be toasted more, then you have to bake for some more minutes.
7. remove and slice the cheese garlic toasts. serve cheese garlic toast topped with some black pepper/red chili flakes/oregano along with a cheesy dip or tomato ketchup and even a guacamole.