watermelon juice recipe – a cooling drink recipe for the summers. watermelon is a thirst and heat reducer.
apart from this, watermelon is rich in anti-oxidants, good source of potassium and are good for cardiovascular diseases, colon cancer and diabetes. we usually have watermelons chopped with a sprinkling of chaat masala and black salt. sometimes i make watermelon juice and its damn easy to make.
the only cumbersome part of making the watermelon juice is removing the seeds. but i still managed these quickly as the watermelon had very less seeds. thank god for small mercies :-)
for sweetening the watermelon juice i have added rose petal preserve/gulkand. adding the gulkand or sugar is optional. a double cooler drink with both watermelon and rose being natural coolants.
watermelon juice recipe below:
- 1 watermelon/tarabūj
- gulkand/rose petal jam - 2-3 tbsp or sugar (optional)
- rock salt or black salt - optional
- chaat masala - optional
- ice cubes
- chop the watermelon. remove the seeds.
- in a blender add the chopped watermelon and gulkand. blend well.
- serve watermelon juice in glasses topped with ice cubes.
- optionally you can also add some chaat masala and black salt while serving the watermelon juice.
Follow us on Social Media