banana bread recipe – this is a quick and easy recipe for making banana bread at home. sometimes i make baked goodies with eggs as the hubby likes them. i make these and store so that he can munch on these whenever he wants without bothering me to make something else for him…. so my way of keeping him happy and not troubling me too 😉
he liked these banana bread so much that he has asked me to make them again. he said they were light, moist and delicious. i served these to him with our indian chai when he came home from work in the evening.
the sun was about to set and hence the warm sunny glow on the banana bread pics. there was nothing i could do to avoid the sun rays. so had to shoot the pics with the glorious sun showering its beautiful radiance on the warm banana bread.
dry cherries, dry fruits, desiccated coconut can be added to the banana bread to make it more rich. i have added black raisins to the bread. the bread is excellent for tea parties or coffee treats. even kids will like them.
you don’t need any special equipment to make this banana bread. just mix everything in a bowl with an egg beater or wooden spoon. mix everything well. thats it. then bake and be ready to savor a yummy, moist and heavenly homemade banana bread.
for eggless banana bread check this recipe of vegan banana bread. the above banana bread recipe is adapted from one of my favourite book on baking breads “the bread bible: 300 favorite recipes” by beth hensperger”
banana bread recipe details below:
banana bread recipe
banana bread recipe - soft, moist and light banana bread.
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 3 to 4 medium size bananas - over ripe bananas are better
- 1.25 cups all purpose flour (maida)
- 2 eggs
- ¾ to 1 cup sugar - depends on the sweetness of the bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or ½ tsp vanilla powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped black raisins or any dry fruits of your choice, optional
- ½ cup oil
how to make recipe
first preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- lightly mash the bananas.
- grease a loaf pan or cake tin with oil.
- sift the flour with the baking soda.
- in a bowl whisk the eggs, sugar and oil together till the whole mixture becomes creamy. for about 2-3 minutes.
- add the mashed bananas and vanilla and beat again.
- now add the sifted flour to the banana mixture.
- mix well so that the batter is combined well and is creamy.
- pour in the loaf pan or cake tin.
- bake for 45-50 minutes till done.
- check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center of the banana bread.
- the toothpick should come out clean.
- remove the banana bread from the loaf pan or cake tin and cool it on a rack.
- serve banana bread warm or cold.
few tips for banana bread recipe:
- the banana bread can also be made with whole wheat flour or half-half ratio of whole wheat flour and all purpose flour (maida).
- to make this banana bread in the microwave, just add some milk to the batter to make a liquid batter. microwave for 4-6 minutes till the bread is done. keep an eye on the banana bread and do keep on checking in between so that it does not become dry or hard.
- banana bread can be refrigerated too. once the bread is cooled completely, then wrap tightly in a plastic wrap or keep in an air-tight container/bowl and refrigerate. banana bread stays good for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.