quick & easy banana bread
sometimes i make baked goodies with eggs as the hubby likes them. i make these and store so that he can munch on these whenever he wants without bothering me to make something else for him…. so my way of keeping him happy and not troubling me too
he liked these banana bread so much that he has asked me to make them again. he said they were light, moist and delicious. i served these to him with our indian chai when he came home from some work in the evening.
the sun was about to set and hence the warm sunny glow on the bread pics. there was nothing i could do to avoid the sun rays. so had to shoot the pics with the glorious sun showering its beautiful radiance on my humble and warm banana bread…..
dry cherries, dry fruits, dessicated coconut can be added to the bread to make it more rich. i have added black raisins to the bread. the bread is excellent for tea parties or coffee treats. even kids will like them.
you don’t need any special equipment to make this bread. just mix everything in a bowl with an egg beater or wooden spoon… mix everything well…. thats it. then bake and be ready to savor a yummy, moist and heavenly homemade banana bread.
for eggless banana bread check this recipe of vegan banana bread. the above banana bread recipe is adapted from one of my favorite book on baking breads – the bread bible. you might like to check pita bread and white bread recipe.
banana bread recipe details below:
- 3-4 medium size bananas - over ripe bananas are better
- 11/4 cup all purpose flour/maida
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup sugar - depends on the sweetness of the bananas
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 2 tbsp chopped black raisin or any dry fruits of your choice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- first preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- lightly mash the bananas.
- grease a loaf pan or cake tin with oil.
- sift the flour with the baking soda.
- in a bowl whisk the eggs, sugar and oil together till the whole mixture becomes creamy. for about 2-3 minutes.
- add the mashed bananas and vanilla and beat again.
- now add the sifted flour to the banana mixture.
- mix well so that the batter is combined well and is creamy.
- pour in the loaf pan or cake tin.
- bake for 45-50 minutes till done.
- check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center of the bread.
- the toothpick should come out clean.
- remove the bread from the loaf pan or cake tin and cool it on a rack.
- serve warm or cold.
the bread can also be made with whole wheat flour or half-half ratio of whole wheat flour and all purpose flour/maida.
to make this bread in the microwave, just add some milk to the batter to make a liquid batter. microwave for 4-6 minutes till the bread is done. keep an eye on the bread and do keep on checking in between so that it does not become dry or hard.
the bread can be refrigerated too. once the bread is cooled completely, then wrap tightly in a plastic wrap or keep in an air-tight container/bowl and refrigerate. stays good for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.