Fruit bread recipe – this is an easy, light and healthy fruit bread recipe. This fruit bread is an eggless bread Made with whole wheat flour in a larger proportion. I have used candied orange peels, tutti frutti, glazed cherries to make this bread.
You can make this fruit bread more rich in nutrition by adding chopped dry fruits or nuts or seeds like Sunflower, sesame, pumpkin or even ground flax meal.
Fruit bread or fruit buns Would be always brought my me when visiting any bakery or super store. I would give a miss to the cakes and cookies, but not fruit bread. Its not only fruit bread I would buy…. I would bring a whole basket of loafs, artisan breads…
So now whenever I go to any super mall or store or bakery, I avoid looking in the bread section. Even though I make breads at home now, I have to pick up some loaf or Focaccia or buns with me 🙂
The fruit loaf is easy to make and goes well with tea or coffee. Some butter can also be applied on the bread and they taste great this way. We just have them plain as thats how we like these sweet bread slices.
If you are looking for more Bread recipes then do check:
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. If you'd like more delicious Indian vegetarian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspiration.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later
- 2.5 cups whole wheat flour (atta) or organic whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all purpose flour (maida) or organic all purpose flour
- 5 tablespoon regular sugar or organic unrefined cane sugar
- ½ tablespoon dry active yeast or 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 2 tablespoon custard powder or corn starch (corn flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon tutti frutti
- 2.5 tablespoon candied orange peels - chopped
- 3 to 4 glazed cherries - chopped
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil or unsalted butter at room temperature. (i used sunflower oil)
- Warm the water.
- Add a pinch of sugar in the water and stir.
- Mix in the dry active yeast.
- Keep in warm place for the yeast to froth for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix both the flours with salt, sugar, tutti frutti, cherries and candied orange peels, custard powder/corn starch.
- Add the yeast mixture, oil and knead to a smooth dough.
- Add more water if the dough looks dry.
- Grease the whole dough with some oil so that it does not dry out.
- Keep in the same bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a cling film or kitchen towel and let the dough rise for 2 to 21/2 hours.
- Punch the dough and knead lightly after 2 or 21/2 hours.
- Grease or line a 9 x 4 inch loaf pan.
- Shape the dough into a loaf.
- Cover and keep for some 35-45 minutes load till the loaf has risen again.
- Before baking preheat the oven to 180 degrees c/356 degrees f.
- Bake for 45-50 mins.
- Remove when still hot and keep the loaf on a wired tray or stand.
- Serve warm or when cooled.
- These fruit bread slices go well with some tea or coffee.
- You can even apply some butter (vegan or dairy) and have them.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.