Onion tomato raita recipe with video and step by step photos – it is one of the easiest as well as one of the most commonly made Indian raita.
You don’t need any special ingredient for this raita as the main ingredients like onion, tomatoes and green chili are most of the times available in every kitchen. In fact, these three ingredients are kind of must in most Indian recipes.
This raita goes well with pulao, biryani or even with roti-sabzi or dal-rice. Pulao and biryani are usually served with accompanying raita. Use fresh yogurt/ curd always to make raita. Vegan can make the same raita with cashew curd.
Making onion tomato raita is very easy. finely chop all the ingredients onion, tomato, green chili, mint leaves or coriander leaves. Then mix them well with curd seasoned with salt and some spice powders. While serving top the raita with mint or coriander leaves. Another variation of this raita is this Onion raita recipe.
How to make onion tomato raita
1. In a bowl, whisk the 1 cup curd (yogurt) till smooth.
2. add 1 small to medium sized finely chopped onion to the whisked curd.
3. add 1 small to medium sized finely chopped tomato.
4. Add 2 to 3 tsp chopped mint leaves & 1 finely chopped green chili. Instead of mint leaves you can also add chopped coriander leaves or a mix of both.
5. Adding 1 tsp roasted cumin powder, ⅛ tsp red chili powder and salt as required.
6. Mix the raita well.
7. Serve onion tomato raita with pulao, biryani or with other rice dishes. If you want you can even garnish this raita with a few mint or coriander leaves.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. If you want more delicious vegetarian Indian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later
onion tomato raita
- 1 cup curd (dahi or yogurt) - dairy or vegan
- 1 small to medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 small to medium sized tomato, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 teaspoon chopped mint leaves or coriander leaves or a mix of both
- ⅛ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- salt as required
- few mint leaves or coriander leaves for garnishing (optional)
- Rinse the onion, tomatoes, mint leaves and green chili.
- Finely chop them.
- Whisk the curd.
- Add the finely chopped onion, tomato, mint leaves and green chili in the curd.
- Add cumin powder, red chili powder and salt. Mix very well.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.