Pineapple raita recipe with step by step photos – sweet, refreshing and a fruity raita made with fresh pineapples.
Pineapple raita always reminds of the time, when I first had it in a restaurant in Mumbai. I was doing my post graduate studies at that time and one of my pals took me to this restaurant and suggested that the pineapple raita was really good there.
I was not very keen. I was like pineapple in yogurt. Is this girl gone crazy? but she persuaded me to have it and said you will never forget it. And she was right.
It was the Best pineapple raita i have had till date. What I liked was they had also added pomegranate to the raita. So not only was it colorful but also gave a variation to the raita in taste as well as flavor. I tried pineapple raita in other restaurants too but they were not so good.
I made this pineapple raita and it came very close to the raita I had that day. When I make this raita, at times, I add pomegranate to the raita and at times skip adding them. Then I just add the pomegranate as a garnish. You can even skip the pomegranate arils if you do not have them and just make the raita with pineapple.
Do try this pineapple raita at home and trust me, you and your family are going to love it. And with the summers approaching. Refresh yourself with this Cool, salty and sweet pineapple raita.
If you are looking for more Raita recipes then do check:
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. If you'd like more delicious Indian vegetarian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspiration.
- 1 cup Curd (yogurt or dahi)
- ½ cup pineapple, chopped cubes
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils (optional)
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- 1 to 2 tablespoon sugar or add as per taste
- rock salt (edible and food grade) or black salt as required
- 1 to 2 tablespoon coriander leaves (dhania patta), chopped
- a few coriander leaves for garnish (dhania patta)
- Whip the curd till its smooth.
- Add the spice powders, sugar and salt to the curd. Mix well.
- Add the chopped pineapple and half of the pomegranate seeds
- Reserve the other half for garnishing
- Chill the pineapple raita before serving.
- Garnish the pineapple raita with the remaining pomegranate and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve pineapple raita immediately with any north indian main course.
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later
How to make pineapple raita recipe
1. Take 1 cup chilled curd in a mixing bowl.
2. Whip or beat till smooth.
3. Add ½ tsp red chili powder and 1 tsp roasted cumin powder. Also add 1 to 2 tbsp sugar (add sugar as per taste) and rock salt or black salt as required.
4. Mix very well.
5. Add ½ cup chopped pineapple cubes. At this step you can also add half of the pomegranate arils or reserve all of them for garnish later.
6. Mix again. Check the taste and add more red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, salt and sugar if required.
7. Garnish the raita with the pomegranate arils, a few chopped pineapple cubes and some coriander leaves. Serve pineapple raita immediately with any North Indian main course.