Apple milkshake recipe with step by step photos. An easy and a quick healthy beverage that can be made for breakfast, brunch or as an after school snack. Use season’s best apples to make this creamy milkshake. This Apple Shake recipe is made with almond milk and is a lighter variation.
More on Apple Milkshake
I usually make Apple Milkshake with sweet tasting soft textured apples. I also make it with a plant based milk like almond milk or coconut milk.
In this recipe, I have added ground cinnamon powder. But if you don’t use cinnamon powder during fasting, then skip it entirely.
Always serve milkshakes fresh and don’t refrigerate them to be served later. The freshness goes away and the taste also changes.
Since the recipe is made with almond milk, it is good for those who have lactose allergy or do not consume milk.
During Hindu fasting (vrat), we always have fruit or fruit based drinks, juices or milkshakes in our diet. Since most of the fasting food is carb loaded, it gets essential to balance the diet and include food with proteins and vitamins-minerals.
For this reason, I include amaranth grains, amaranth flour, barnyard millet and buckwheat in our fasting menu. Potatoes is a favorite with us, so I do include it at times in our meals.
On regular days also we have fruits, but during fasting we increase the quantity as we only have one or two fasting meals a day.
Fruit based milkshakes are a good way to have proteins as well as essential vitamins during fasting. Plus they are quick and easy to prepare.
Here I used organic Kinnaur apples from Himachal Pradesh. I always buy these apples as they are not wax coated. The very shiny and glossy looking apples are wax coated. So do check the apples before buying.
If you have wax coated apples, then remember to peel their skins before making the milkshake. You could use any variety of sweet tasting apples to make the apple shake.
If you do not get organic apples, then you can use regular apples. Soak the apples in water in which some vinegar has been mixed. Soak for 15 to 20 minutes and then thoroughly rinse the apples. Use 1 tablespoon vinegar for 1 cup of water.
How to make Apple Milkshake
1. Peel, core and chop the apples. Add them in the blender jar along with ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder and 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar.
The amount of sugar to be added depends on the sweetness of the apples. So add as required. If you prefer you can keep the peels of the organic apples.
You can opt to add your preferred sweetener instead of sugar.
2. Add ½ cup almond milk or thin to medium consistency coconut milk. You could also use any plant based milk.
3. Blend all the ingredients till smooth.
4. Add the remaining 1.5 cups of almond milk or coconut milk. Blend again.
5. Pour the milkshake in glasses sprinkled with cinnamon powder. You can also add some chopped apples. Serve apple milkshake immediately.
If you are looking for more beverages then do check:
Please be sure to rate the recipe in the recipe card or leave a comment below if you have made it. For more vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or follow me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Apple Milkshake | Apple Shake
- 2 apples medium-sized, or 1 cup tightly packed chopped apples, preferably organic
- 2 cups Almond Milk or lite coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon (cinnamon powder), optional
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar or add as required, optional
- Peel, core and chop the apples. Add them in the blender jar along ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder and 2 to 3 tablespoons of sugar. The amount of sugar to be added depends on the sweetness of the apples. So add as required.
- Add ½ cup of the almond milk or lite coconut milk. Blend all the ingredients till smooth.
- Add the remaining almond milk or coconut milk and blend again.
- Pour the apple milkshake in glasses sprinkled with ground cinnamon powder. You can also add some chopped apple cubes while serving.
- You can even use Non GMO soy milk or cashew milk.
- Use sweet tasting apples.
- Preferably remove the peels from the apples.
- Ground cinnamon can be skipped. You could even add a bit of vanilla extract instead or ground green cardamom powder.
- Add sweetener of your choice or you can choose to omit adding the sugar entirely.
Nutrition Info (Approximate Values)
This Apple Milkshake recipe post from the archives first published in March 2015 has been republished and updated on November 2022.