tofu is a favorite with us…. i personally prefer silken tofu while making tofu recipes… especially the extra firm silken tofu which can be used in making stir fry or sauted dishes. i had firm silken tofu with me and so i thought of making this scrambled silken tofu with mixed vegetables. however you could also use regular tofu in this recipe.
this scrambled silken tofu dish has a thai flavor and taste to it, as i have used thai red curry paste and thai basil leaves to make the scrambled tofu. i still had the thai red curry paste in the fridge after making the veg thai red curry.
the scrambled silken tofu was awesome… we finished it in no time… this is a vegan recipe by the way….
scrambled silken tofu: serves 2-3
preparation time: 5-10 minutes
cooking time: 20-25 minutes
ingredients for scrambled silken tofu:
- 1 packet of firm silken tofu
- 2 cups of mix vegetables – like carrots, french beans, baby corn, mushrooms
- 4-5 scallions
- 1 cup chopped thai basil leaves
- 1 tbsp thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- a few scallion greens and thai basil leaves for garnish
method to make scrambled silken tofu:
- clean and chop all the vegetables. chop the scallions too.
- scramble the tofu and keep aside.
- in a wok or pan add the sesame oil and let it get hot. add the chopped vegetable to it and saute them.
- after 5 mintes add the thai red curry paste.
- when the vegetables are well sauted and cooked, add the scrambled silken tofu.
- mix the silken tofu with the rest of the mixture. also add salt.
- add the chopped thai basil leaves.
- mix the basil leaves with the tofu and vegetables. cook for 2-3 min.
- serve hot garnished with some scallion greens and thai basil leaves