i like corn and i like spinach…. so i like corn with spinach
hubby likes corn and does not like spinach… but he likes corn with spinach…
so what is the conclusion?
i don’t know. all i know that this a fab recipe and can be had without any accompaniments or anything.
so here we go with the step by step recipe of corn with spinach
corn spinach recipe: serves 4-5
preparation time: 30 mins
cooking time: 20 mins
- 4-5 corn cobs
- 500 gms spinach
- 4 scallions
- 5-6 garlic
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp italian seasoning or oregano seasoning or mixed dry herbs
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp soft cheese
method to make corn spinach:
- boil the corn cobs in water for 15-20 mins. when they warm or when they cool down, remove the kernels from the cob with a knife. keep aside.
- rinse the spinach in water thoroughly. chop them and keep aside.
- chop the scallions and garlic. reserve the greens for garnishing.
- heat the olive oil in a pan. now add the scallions and garlic to it.
- saute for 2 mins and then add the chopped spinach.
- saute the spinach for 4 mins.
- add the black pepper and salt now
- after 2 mins add the red chili flakes and the oregano seasoning/italian seasoning/mixed herbs
- the spinach would have softened and considerably cooked after 3-4 mins. now add the boiled corn kernels.
- mix the corn with the spinach and spices. saute for 2-3 minutes more. finally add the soft cheese and mix it really well. check the salt and seasonings and add more if required. serve hot with warm or toasted bread. we had this lovely spinach corn with a lovely russian veg borscht soup and breads.
few tips for corn spinach recipe:
- you can use tinned/canned corn instead of fresh corn. i have used american sweet corn but even regular corn would taste good.
- you could also use cream and cheese together in this recipe. even just adding cream would taste great.
- if you want a baked spinach corn recipe, then this is what you have to do. add about 5 tbsp cream towards the end of the recipe just before removing it from fire. take the mix in a bowl. top grated cheese on top of the corn spinach and bake it in the oven for a couple of minutes till the cheese melts and browns. your baked spinach corn is ready.
- if there are any leftovers they could be used as a stuffing for pancakes and also can be used a stuffing for grilled or toasted corn sandwich.