sabudana bhel recipe with step by step photos – a quick sabudana recipe for navratri fast or any other religious vrat. sabudana is one of the most common ingredient used during fasting days. sabudana is filling and yet easy to digest.
during fasting days, you can have this snack during breakfast or as a evening snack. basically it a filler recipe so that you get some strength to do household work or do your main course cooking. a quick and handy recipe during fasting days.
this sabudana bhel is an easy and quick. all you need are boiled potatoes, roasted peanuts and cashews. addition of dry fruits make it more healthy. for this recipe, you need to saute the sabudana in oil for few minutes till it become soft and completely cooked and then add the boiled potatoes and roasted peanuts and cashews to it and within few minutes your quick snack is ready.
this recipe come from my mom who had shared it with me a few days back. originally the peanuts, cashews and potatoes all are fried in the oil. to make a healthier version, i have dry roasted the peanuts and cashews in the oven and boiled the potatoes. in fact this recipe is much easier than making sabudana khichdi.
during fasting days, many sabudana or sago recipes are made like sabudana vada, sabudana thalipeeth, sabudana kheer, sabudana chiwda, sabudana idli, dosa and so on. i have also compiled the list of food and ingredients for navratri fasting.
sabudana bhel recipe details below:
sabudana bhel recipe
this sabudana bhel is an easy and quick recipe for religious fasting days. all you need are boiled potatoes, roasted peanuts and cashews.
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- ½ cup sabudana (tapioca pearls)
- 1 medium sized potato, boiled and peeled
- 1 pinch red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- 1 tablespoon peanuts (moongphali)
- 1 tablespoon cashews (kaju)
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves (dhania patta)
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala
- 2 teaspoon oil
- few drops of lemon juice or as required
- rock salt or sendha namak or upwas ka namak as required
how to make recipe
- rinse the sabudana well in water till the water runs clear.
- soak the sabudana in enough water overnight or for 4-5 hours.
- chop the potatoes and keep aside.
- instead of using boiled potatoes, you can also fry the potatoes in oil.
- drain and keep aside.
- in a pan, dry roast the peanuts till they are browned and crisp.
- remove and keep aside.
- in the same pan, roast the cashews till golden.
- remove and keep aside.
- heat 2 tsp of oil in the same pan.
- add the sabudana and continue to stir while sauting them.
- stir and cook till the sabudana pearls become transparent, softened and completely cooked.
- mix the chopped potatoes, peanuts, cashews, coriander leaves, lemon juice, rock salt, red chili powder, chaat masala.
- garnish with a few coriander leaves. an optional step.
- serve the sabudana bhel in bowls and serve immediately.
you can add some powdered sugar to sweeten the sabudana bhel if you prefer.
two simple steps for making sabudana bhel recipe:
1. firstly soak the sabudana for some hours. drain them. then heat oil in a pan. add the sabudana and continue to stir while sauting them. stir and cook till the sabudana pearls become translucent, softened and completely cooked.
2. mix the chopped boiled potatoes, roasted peanuts, roasted cashews, coriander leaves, lemon juice, rock salt, red chili powder, chaat masala. mix well. the peanuts in the pic have been roasted in the oven and thus they don’t have black marks on them.
3. serve the sabudana bhel in bowls immediately.
- i started vegrecipesofindia.com in feb 2009. it is a pure vegetarian blog and shares recipes with step by step photos.
i am passionate about cooking from childhood and learnt cooking from my elders. a home science degree course further enhanced my cooking and baking skills professionally along with an internship in a five star hotel. i am trained both in mainstream indian as well as international cuisines.
all the 1800 recipes posted on blog are tried and tested and made healthy wherever possible. the recipes are detailed and with step by step pictures that will easily help you to make delicious and tasty vegetarian food.
- Festival Recipes2018.09.19bhakarwadi recipe, how to make bhakarwadi recipe | bakarwadi recipe
- Festival Recipes2018.09.05kozhukattai recipe, how to make kozhukattai recipe for ganesh chaturthi
- Dinner Recipes2018.08.01macaroni recipe | indian style macaroni recipe | macaroni pasta recipe
- Cooking Tips & Methods2018.07.24custard recipe, how to make custard | vanilla custard recipe