sabudana bhel recipe with step by step photos – a quick sabudana recipe for navratri fast or any other religious vrat. sabudana is one of the most common ingredient used during fasting days. sabudana is filling and yet easy to digest.
during fasting days, you can have this snack during breakfast or as a evening snack. basically it a filler recipe so that you get some strength to do household work or do your main course cooking. a quick and handy recipe during fasting days.
this sabudana bhel is an easy and quick. all you need are boiled potatoes, roasted peanuts and cashews. addition of dry fruits make it more healthy. for this recipe, you need to saute the sabudana in oil for few minutes till it become soft and completely cooked and then add the boiled potatoes and roasted peanuts and cashews to it and within few minutes your quick snack is ready.
this recipe come from my mom who had shared it with me a few days back. originally the peanuts, cashews and potatoes all are fried in the oil. to make a healthier version, i have dry roasted the peanuts and cashews in the oven and boiled the potatoes. in fact this recipe is much easier than making sabudana khichdi.
during fasting days, many sabudana or sago recipes are made like sabudana vada, sabudana thalipeeth, sabudana kheer, sabudana chiwda, sabudana idli, dosa and so on. i have also compiled the list of food and ingredients for navratri fasting.
sabudana bhel recipe details below:
sabudana bhel recipe
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- ½ cup sabudana (tapioca pearls)
- 1 medium sized potato, boiled and peeled
- 1 pinch red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- 1 tablespoon peanuts (moongphali)
- 1 tablespoon cashews (kaju)
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves (dhania patta)
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala
- 2 teaspoon oil
- few drops of lemon juice or as required
- rock salt or sendha namak or upwas ka namak as required
how to make sabudana bhel recipe
- rinse the sabudana well in water till the water runs clear.
- soak the sabudana in enough water overnight or for 4-5 hours.
- chop the potatoes and keep aside.
- instead of using boiled potatoes, you can also fry the potatoes in oil.
- drain and keep aside.
- in a pan, dry roast the peanuts till they are browned and crisp.
- remove and keep aside.
- in the same pan, roast the cashews till golden.
- remove and keep aside.
- heat 2 tsp of oil in the same pan.
- add the sabudana and continue to stir while sauting them.
- stir and cook till the sabudana pearls become transparent, softened and completely cooked.
- mix the chopped potatoes, peanuts, cashews, coriander leaves, lemon juice, rock salt, red chili powder, chaat masala.
- garnish with a few coriander leaves. an optional step.
- serve the sabudana bhel in bowls and serve immediately.
note: as a blogger, if you you want to use this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to this recipe url - sabudana bhel recipe on Veg Recipes of India. its a fair and ethical practice. for using our image please write to us. all our images and content are copyright protected.
two simple steps for making sabudana bhel recipe:
1. firstly soak the sabudana for some hours. drain them. then heat oil in a pan. add the sabudana and continue to stir while sauting them. stir and cook till the sabudana pearls become translucent, softened and completely cooked.
2. mix the chopped boiled potatoes, roasted peanuts, roasted cashews, coriander leaves, lemon juice, rock salt, red chili powder, chaat masala. mix well. the peanuts in the pic have been roasted in the oven and thus they don’t have black marks on them.
3. serve the sabudana bhel in bowls immediately.