strawberry love and a strawberry post again. this time strawberry almond milkshake with ice cream.
instead of regular milk, i have added almond milk – homemade from scratch and the ice cream is a vegan chickoo (sapota) ice cream…. and of course there are strawberries.
for the sweetening, i have used ground organic jaggery. though organic sugar can also be added.
have you ever made almond milk at home. if you have then you now must have got addicted to it the way we have. i add almond milk in the custards and cakes i make. you can also have them plain sweetened with some jaggery or sugar.
i shall be posting how to make almond milk from scratch soon. its a very good and super healthy alternative if you are allergic to milk or are a vegan. i generally prepare almond milk and keep in the fridge. it stays good for 3 days. however in the notes section below i have mentioned in short on how to make almond milk.
you can still make the milkshake with regular milk and use vanilla ice cream or strawberry ice cream.
recipe details of a vegan strawberry almond milkshake below:
- 200-250 gms strawberry, hulled and chopped
- 2 and ½ cups almond milk or regular milk
- ½ tsp vanilla powder or vanilla extract or half of a vanilla bean scraped(optional)
- powdered jaggery or organic cane sugar as required
- 2 scoops vanilla or any ice cream
- ice cubes (optional)
- except the ice cream pour all the ingredients in a blender.
- blend till smooth.
- pour in tall glasses.
- gently place a scoop of the ice cream in the milkshake.
- garnish with some chopped strawberries or dry fruits.
- serve immediately.
the strawberry milkshake can also be served without ice cream.
for the almond milk, blend 1 cup of blanched & peeled almonds with 3 cups water. strain through a fine sieve or muslin. keep the milk in a jar or bottle covered in the refrigerator for 3 days. the remaining almond meal can be added to breads, cakes, muffins, cookies.