pomegranate raita is a pleasant fruity raita. like all the other raita recipes, this pomegranate raita too is very simple and easy to prepare. fresh pomegranate arils in a creamy sweet spiced yogurt base in a raita, that is as good as a sweet dessert.
for our sweet tastebuds, we prefer sweet with sweet. however, if you prefer the salty version, then just don’t add sugar to the raita. but do spice it up with roasted cumin powder, black pepper and some chaat masala for that extra pep.
if making a salty version, then just add black salt or rock salt as required in the raita along with all the three spice powders mentioned above. if making for fasting, than add rock salt only.
there are few more variations of making pomegranate raita… like some people add pomegranate juice or boiled potatoes or finely chopped onions and cucumber to the raita. i have kept this pomegranate raita plain and simple as we like this way. but you can try and experiment with your raita recipe.
pomegranate raita recipe below:
- 1.5 cups chilled yogurt, dairy or vegan
- ¾ cup fresh pomegranate arils/anardana
- ½ tsp roasted cumin powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- a pinch of red chili powder or as required
- ¼ tsp chaat masala powder (optional)
- a pinch of black salt or rock salt (add rock salt if making for fasting or vrat)
- sugar as required
- a few coriander or mint leaves for garnish
- whisk the yogurt till smooth.
- season with the spice powders, salt and and sugar.
- stir till sugar is dissolved.
- add the pomegranate arils and reserve a few for garnish.
- stir and pour the raita in serving bowls and garnish with the pomegranate pearls and coriander or mint leaves.
- you can also chill and serve the pomegranate raita later.
if using cashew yogurt, then to get a sour taste in the yogurt (as cashew yogurt has a sweet taste) add ½ tsp lemon juice or as required.
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Share this recipe - Spread the joy of cooking
Follow us on Social Media