Egg Omelette is one of those recipes that can be made in a jiffy. Usually, its a breakfast item but egg omlette can be had at any time. I prefer to have egg omlette with dal-rice or sambhar-rice or even with plain bread. Its one of my favouriate combination. Some people also prefer to have Omelette in the form of Omelette sandwich with sauce or chutney.
The indian way of making an egg omelette is different from the other methods as a few indian spices are used in making it. In this recipe of egg omlette I used vegetables like onions, green chillies and chopped cilantro leaves. You could also use chopped tomatoes and ginger too.
The spices that are used are red chilly powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder. You could use a combination of all spice powders or use either of them. You could also use white or black pepper powder. I have not used any spice powders. Experiment and have fun.
Indian Egg Omlette Recipe Details Below:
- 2 eggs
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped green chilly
- pinch of turmeric/haldi (optional)
- 2 tsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- ghee, oil or butter for frying the omlette
- firstly, break the eggs in a bowl. discard the shells. beat the eggs.
- mix the chopped onion, green chilly and coriander leaves with the beaten eggs. mix it well. add salt. If you want then you can also add pinch of turmeric. adding turmeric is optional.
- in a shallow pan, heat ghee or oil or butter. pour the egg mixture in to the pan. cook on one side. then flip it over and cook the other side. add more ghee, butter or oil if necessary.
- if the oil/ghee/butter is less then the omlette sticks to the pan. so add sufficient amount of oil so that you can turn the omlette easily.
- when the omlette is cooked and firm on both sides, then remove it from the pan. serve egg omlette with buttered toasted bread and sauce or chutney.