rava toast recipe with step by step photos – actually this recipe of rava or sooji toast should have been an earlier post. i missed adding this post somehow strangely, considering the fact that i have been making this recipe from my teens.
this rava toast was and still is one of our favorite breakfast recipes. on one of the tv shows, i had seen one elderly lady making this recipe. i found it ridiculously easy to make and from thence on, i have made these crisp toasts. both me and my sister would make these easy to make toasts for breakfast or an evening snack. specially on those days when mom would be busy or gone out for some work.
the rava toast recipe calls for simple ingredients like onion, tomatoes and rava (sooji or semolina or cream of wheat). along with these ingredients, cream is also added. you can also add malai instead of cream.
sooji toast or rava toast recipe below:
rava toast recipe | sooji toast recipe
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
for rava toast filling:
- 1 small to medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small to medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1 green chili (hari mirch) - finely chopped
- 2 to 3 teaspoon chopped coriander leaves (dhania patta)
- 2 to 2.5 tablespoon sooji (rava or cream of wheat)
- 2 to 2.5 tablespoon cream or malai - 25% to 30% low fat cream
- salt as required
other ingredients for rava toast:
- 5 to 6 bread slices (white, whole wheat or brown bread)
- oil for frying the toast - ½ teaspoon oil for frying one slice and 1 to 1.5 teaspoon oil for frying two slices.
how to make recipe
- add the rava, onion, tomatoes, green chilies, coriander, cream and salt in a bowl. mix and keep aside.
- heat a tava or frying pan. on a hot tava or griddle, add 1/2 tsp oil for each bread. so if toasting two breads, you can add 1 to 1.5 tsp oil.
- on the bread slices, spread the rava mixture evenly with a spoon.
- place the filling side down and cook it till the onion tomatoes are lightly browned.
- turn over and toast the bread on the other side. you can flip once or twice and cook more if required.
- remove the rava toast. continue to making the rava toasts this way.
- slice the toast into triangular or rectangular pieces.
- serve the rava toast slices hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
- this rava toast recipe can be doubled or tripled.
- for kids, skip the green chili and you can just add a pinch of red chili powder or black pepper powder.
step by step sooji toast or rava toast recipe:
1. add the rava, onion, tomatoes, green chilies, coriander, cream and salt in a bowl.
2. mix very well and keep aside.
3. on the bread slices, spread the mixture evenly with a spoon.
4. on a hot tava or griddle, add 1/2 tsp oil for each bread. place the filling side down and cook till the onion tomatoes are lightly browned.
5. turn over and toast the bread on the other side.
6. the bread is nicely toasted. you can flip once or twice and cook more if required. the onions can be caramelized and the bread can be toasted more.
7. remove the rava toasts.
8. slice and serve the rava toast slices hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
- i started vegrecipesofindia.com in feb 2009. it is a pure vegetarian blog and shares recipes with step by step photos.
i am passionate about cooking from childhood and learnt cooking from my elders. a home science degree course further enhanced my cooking and baking skills professionally along with an internship in a five star hotel. i am trained both in mainstream indian as well as international cuisines.
all the 1800 recipes posted on blog are tried and tested and made healthy wherever possible. the recipes are detailed and with step by step pictures that will easily help you to make delicious and tasty vegetarian food.
- Festival Recipes2018.09.19bhakarwadi recipe, how to make bhakarwadi recipe | bakarwadi recipe
- Festival Recipes2018.09.05kozhukattai recipe, how to make kozhukattai recipe for ganesh chaturthi
- Dinner Recipes2018.08.01macaroni recipe | indian style macaroni recipe | macaroni pasta recipe
- Cooking Tips & Methods2018.07.24custard recipe, how to make custard | vanilla custard recipe