Suji toast recipe with step by step photos. This rava toast is an easy to prepare toast with semolina (suji or rava), onion, tomato and cream filling.
Actually this recipe of rava or sooji toast should have been an earlier post. I missed adding this post somehow strangely, considering the fact that I have been making this recipe from my teens.
This rava toast was and still is one of our favorite breakfast recipes. on one of the tv shows, I had seen one elderly lady making this recipe. I found it ridiculously easy to make and from thence on, I have made these crisp toasts. Both me and my sister would make these easy to make toasts for breakfast or an evening snack. Specially on those days when mom would be busy or gone out for some work.
The suji toast recipe calls for simple ingredients like onion, tomatoes and rava (sooji or semolina or cream of wheat). Along with these ingredients, cream is also added. You can also add malai instead of cream.
The choice of bread is yours – white bread, whole wheat bread, brown bread or whole-wheat sandwich bread. You can use fresh bread or even a few days old bread.
How to make suji toast
1. Add the rava, onion, tomatoes, green chilies, coriander, cream and salt in a bowl.
2. Mix very well and keep aside.
3. On the bread slices spread the mixture evenly with a spoon.
4. On a hot tava or griddle, add 1/2 tsp oil for each bread. Place the filling side down and cook till the onion tomatoes are lightly browned.
5. Turn over and toast the bread on the other side.
6. The bread is nicely toasted. You can flip once or twice and cook more if required. The onions can be caramelized and the bread can be toasted more.
7. Remove the rava toast.
8. Slice and Serve the suji toast slices hot with green chutney or tomato sauce or mint chutney.
If you are looking for more snacks recipes then do check:
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. If you'd like more delicious Indian vegetarian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspiration.
for rava toast filling
- 1 small to medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small to medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1 green chili - finely chopped
- 2 to 3 teaspoon chopped coriander leaves (cilantro leaves)
- 2 to 2.5 tablespoon sooji (rava or cream of wheat)
- 2 to 2.5 tablespoon cream or malai - 25% to 30% low fat cream
- salt as required
- 5 to 6 bread slices (white, whole wheat or brown bread)
- oil for frying the toast - ½ teaspoon oil for frying one slice and 1 to 1.5 teaspoon oil for frying two slices.
- Add the rava, onion, tomatoes, green chilies, coriander, cream and salt in a bowl. Mix and keep aside.
- Heat a tava or frying pan. On a hot tava or griddle, add 1/2 tsp oil for each bread. So if toasting two breads, you can add 1 to 1.5 tsp oil.
- On the bread slices, spread the rava mixture evenly with a spoon.
- Place the filling side down and cook it till the onion tomatoes are lightly browned.
- Turn over and toast the bread on the other side. You can flip once or twice and cook more if required.
- Remove the toast. Continue to make the rava toasts this way.
- Slice the toast into triangular or rectangular pieces.
- Serve the suji bread toast slices hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
- This rava toast recipe can be doubled or tripled.
- For kids, skip the green chili and you can just add a pinch of red chili powder or black pepper powder.
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later