corn pakora or corn fritters is a regular snack i make during monsoons.
whenever i make these crisp fried snacks, i have always added boiled corn kernels. the fritters are made with besan or gram flour. so they are gluten free if you don’t add asafoetida.
you can also use tinned corn to make these. the pakora can be made with sweet corn or regular corn. at home, the preferences are always for sweet corn. i served these corn pakoras with mango chutney. a cup of hot tea will also go very well along with these pakoras.
a video below on how to make these crisp corn pakoras:
Update: due to recent policies of facebook, many of you are not getting update from Veg Recipes of India facebook page. to keep getting updates, kindly go to our facebook page and click on “Liked” option and then select “See First” option under the drop down menu “IN YOUR NEWS FEED“.
corn pakora recipe details below:
- 1.5 cups corn kernels
- 1 and ½ cups gram flour/besan
- 2 to 3 spring onions with greens or 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- ½ inch ginger, chopped
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- a pinch of asafoetida
- ¼ tsp crushed black pepper (optional)
- ¼ tsp fennel powder (optional)
- salt as required
- water as required
- chaat masala as required for sprinkling on the pakoras
- oil for deep or shallow frying
- boil two medium corn cobs in a pressure cooker or in a pot.
- drain and let them cool.
- remove the corn kernels with a knife.
- should yield approx 1.5 cup corn kernels.
- in a bowl, mix all the ingredients listed above with the corn kernels, except for the oil.
- add water and make a smooth flowing batter of medium consistency.
- heat oil in a kadai or pan.
- drop spoonfuls of the batter in medium hot oil and fry the pakoras till golden and crisp.
- drain on paper towels.
- serve the corn pakoras hot with green chutney, mango chutney or tomato sauce.
- while serving, sprinkle some chaat masala on the corn pakoras.
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Share this recipe - Spread the joy of cooking
Follow us on Social Media