aloo 65 recipe with step by step photos. this is a crispy and delicious aloo 65 recipe. potato 65 is an easy to make snack. there are many snacks that can be made with potatoes and this potato 65 is one such awesome snack. you can serve it as a starter snack before meals too. aloo 65 can also be served as a side dish with an indian main course.
the name of this potato snack recipe is unusual. just like potato 65 there is chicken 65 too. some say it was named liked this, as this chicken recipe was on the 65th list on the menu of a restaurant in hyderabad, india and hence the name chicken 65.
chicken can be easily substituted with some vegetarian ingredients and you can easily make gobi 65 or paneer 65 or mushroom 65. you can also make other variations like broccoli 65 or bread 65 or sweet potato 65 or jackfruit 65. out of all these variations the gobi 65 is the most popular one.
the aloo 65 is a good starter snack to be served with an accompanying chutney like pudina chutney or tomato sauce. best to have them hot. once they become cool, the crispiness is lost.
if you are looking for more potato snacks recipes then i suggest you to check:
- aloo tikka
- aloo toast
- french fries
- potato wedges
- aloo tikki recipe
- dahi papdi chaat
- aloo kulcha recipe
- potato sandwich recipe
- aloo chana chaat recipe
aloo 65 or potato 65 recipe below:
aloo 65 recipe - crisp and spicy potatoes. good starter snack.
- 4 to 5 medium sized potatoes (aloo)
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour (atta) or you can use all purpose flour (maida)
- 3 tablespoons corn flour
- 7 to 8 curry leaves, chopped (kadi patta)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder (dhania powder)
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder), (optional)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 to 3 teaspoon ginger garlic paste or crushed ginger garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- few coriander or mint leaves for garnish
- water as required
- salt as required
- oil for frying
- parboil the potatoes/aloos in a pressure cooker for 1-2 whistles.
- make a thick batter with all the ingredients except for oil and potatoes.
- peel and dice the parboiled potatoes.
- add the diced boiled potatoes to the batter.
- fry the batter coated potatoes in hot oil till golden brown & crisp.
- serve aloo 65 hot garnished with coriander or mint leaves or both along with some some green chutney or tomato sauce.
tips for making aloo 65 recipe:
- i have not used red color as i avoid any artificial colors in the food i make at home. to get a deeper red color i suggest adding kashmiri red chili powder.
- don't make a thin batter as we want the potatoes to be coated well with the batter.
- don't cook the potatoes. they should just be parboiled. just about 20% cooked so that they peel of easily and when dicing they don't get mashed up or crumble.
how to make potato 65 or aloo 65 recipe:
1. firstly parboil the potatoes in a pressure cooker or pan. cook the potatoes with water just about covering them, for 1 to 2 whistles on medium flame.
2. now drain the boiled potatoes.
3. peel and dice them.
4. take all the ingredients for the aloo 65 except for potatoes and oil in a bowl.
5. now add water and make a smooth and thick batter.
6. now add the diced potatoes to the batter.
7. take each batter coated potato and shallow fry or deep fry till golden brown and crisp.
8. drain on kitchen paper napkin.