Tutti frutti ice cream recipe with step by step photos – this is an easy and quick version of delicious tutti frutti ice cream made with only 4 ingredients.
I found out about these 2 or 3 ingredient vanilla ice cream recipes a year back from Kitchn.com. since then I have tried the method a couple of times. The best part is these ice cream recipes are quick to prepare and does not need any cooking or ice cream maker.
So basically These are no-cook and no-churn ice creams. the ice cream mixture also gets done in 15 minutes. The rest of the time is the time taken for freezing. Also you can use the ice cream base to make various varieties of ice cream.
Usually, I do add some milk in all the ice cream recipes I prepare, but this method looked very easy and thus I tried vanilla ice cream with it a few times. The ice cream was too good for my expectation as it was soft, smooth, creamy and delicious. as only whipping cream and condensed milk is used, there is no possibility of ice crystals in these basic 2 ingredient ice cream recipes.
Tutti frutti is candied raw papaya pieces. I don’t make tutti frutti at home. I buy them from outside.
Use whipping cream having 30% to 50% fat. I always add 2.5 to 2.75 cups of cream. This much sweetness is fine for us. For the ice cream to be very sweet, you can add 2 cups and for less sweet, add 3 cups of cream in 400 grams of sweetened condensed milk.
Tutti frutti ice cream recipe video
How to make tutti frutti ice cream
1. In a large bowl, take 2.5 to 2.75 cups of chilled whipping cream (30% to 50% fat). Add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. If using vanilla essence, then add 1 teaspoon of it.
2. With an electric beater at full speed, begin to whip the cream. Timing will vary depending on the fat content in the cream. Both for amul fresh cream and amul whipping cream, it takes about 8 to 10 minutes. Also do be careful while whipping and do not whip too much, as then the cream would get churned into butter.
3. Whip till stiff peaks are formed. You can also whip till soft peaks. If using 25% fat cream, then you can whip till soft peaks.
4. Now add 400 grams of chilled sweetened condensed milk (400 ml or about 1.6 cups).
5. Fold gently but very well. Also, remember not to overfold as then the ice cream mixture can fall flat.
6. Next add ⅓ to ½ cup of tutti frutti.
7. fold again.
8. Remove the ice cream in a box and then cover it tightly. Or you can cover the same bowl (if its freezer safe) with a tight-fitting lid or aluminum foil.
9. Freeze till the ice cream is set.
10. Before serving, keep the ice cream box or bowl for some minutes at room temperature. Then using a scoop, Serve tutti frutti ice cream. You can sprinkle some tutti frutti from the top if you want.
More kulfi or Ice cream recipes
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. If you want more delicious vegetarian Indian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later
Tutti Frutti Ice Cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk or 400 grams
- 2.5 to 2.75 cups whipping cream - 30% to 50% fat
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ⅓ to ½ cup tutti frutti (candied raw papaya pieces) - can add more if required
- some tutti frutti for garnish
- In a large bowl, take 2.5 cups of chilled whipping cream (30% to 50% fat).
- Add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. If using vanilla essence, then add 1 teaspoon of it.
- Then with an electric beater, whip till stiff peaks are formed.
- Now add 400 grams of chilled sweetened condensed milk (400 ml or about 1.6 cups).
- Fold gently but very well. Also remember not to overfold as then the ice cream mixture can fall flat.
- Next add ⅓ to ½ cup of tutti frutti. Fold again.
- Remove the ice cream in a box or then cover it tightly. Or you can cover the same bowl (if its freezer safe) with a tight-fitting lid or aluminum foil.
- Freeze till the ice cream is set.
- Before serving, keep the ice cream box or bowl for some minutes at room temperature. Then using a scoop, serve tutti frutti ice cream. You can sprinkle some tutti frutti from top if you want.
- If you don't have tutti frutti, then you can use glazed cherries cut in small pieces.
- Tutti frutti can be replaced with dry fruits. This way you can make with dry fruits ice cream.
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.