Rose lassi recipe with step by step photos. One more cooling beverage made with fresh yogurt/dahi, rose petals and rose syrup.
Lassi is very popular in north India during summers. There are many variations of it and rose lassi is one such variation. i have also posted few more lassi recipes like:
In this lassi recipe, both the rose syrup and yogurt are cooling. you can add rose syrup in plain milk or Rose milk or in Falooda recipe also. I suggest to use homemade fresh curd to make this lassi. You can also check this post on How to make curd at home.
If you want then you can ice cubes to serve it more chilled. Serve rose lassi immediately or you can store it in fridge and have it later.
If you are looking for more Beverages then do check:
- 1.5 cups fresh curd (yogurt)
- 1 cup chilled water or ½ cup water + 6 to 8 ice cubes
- 10 to 12 dried rose petals or 5 to 6 fresh edible rose petals
- 1 to 2 teaspoon rose water
- 3 tablespoon rose syrup
- 2 to 3 tablespoon sugar or add as required
- 1 tablespoon chopped or sliced dry fruits like pistachios, almonds or cashews
- Take 1.5 cups fresh chilled curd in a mixer or blender jar.
- Add 1 cup chilled water, 10 to 12 dried rose petals or 5 to 6 fresh rose petals, 1 to 2 tsp rose water and 3 tbsp rose syrup. I did not add ice cubes, hence added 1 cup water. If adding ice cubes then add 1/2 cup water
- Blend everything till smooth and till the lassi becomes frothy.
- Pour in glasses and serve rose lassi with some sliced or chopped dry fruits like almonds, pistachios or cashews.
Lets start step by step rose lassi recipe
1. Take 1.5 cups fresh chilled curd in a mixer or blender jar.
2. Add 1 cup chilled water, 10 to 12 dried rose petals or 5 to 6 fresh rose petals, 1 tsp rose water and 3 tbsp rose syrup. I did not add ice cubes, hence I added 1 cup chilled water. if adding ice cubes then add ½ cup water. The dried rose petals are from my terrace garden. I dry them in shade and then add them to kheers or the sweets that I prepare.
3. Blend everything till smooth and till the lassi becomes frothy. you can make the lassi thick or thin by adjusting the amount of water. Instead of water you can also add milk or half-half of water and milk.
4. Pour the lassi in glasses and Serve rose lassi with some sliced or chopped dry fruits like almonds, pistachios or cashews.