Rose milk recipe with step by step photos – sharing a quick summer cooler made with rose syrup, milk and Sabja seeds.
Rose milk is a flavored drink and is good for beating the summer heat. during summers we always prefer to drink fruit juices or traditional Indian drinks like Lassi, Kokum juice, khus syrup, shikanjvi, Aam panna, rooh afza and so on because they not only quench the thirst but are cooling to the body.
As a rule we try to avoid carbonated drinks because they are not cooling for the body and not good for health. So this summers try some of these Cooling Indian beverages.
This rose milk is an easy to make cooling refreshing drink. Sabja seeds and rose syrup are known for their cooling properties. You can also add some ice cubes to the drink.
Serve rose milk immediately or you can keep it in fridge and serve it later.
If you are looking for more Beverages then do check:
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign Up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
- 2 cups chilled milk or 500 ml milk
- 3 tablespoon rose syrup
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- ½ tablespoon sugar or add as required - optional
- 1 teaspoon sabja seeds (sweet basil seeds) soaked in enough water
- few rose petals for garnish
- In a bowl soak sabja seeds in enough water for 15 to 30 minutes. Then strain and keep the soaked seeds aside. 1 tsp sabja seeds gives about 2 tbsp of soaked sabja seeds. addition of sabja seeds is optional. If you want then you can skip adding it.
- Take 2 cups milk in a bowl and add rose syrup.
- Stir very well so that the rose syrup dissolves in the milk. You can use store brough or home made rose syrup.
- Add 1/2 tbsp sugar or add as required. Sugar is optional and only if you want some more sweetness in rose milk.
- Then add rose water. Stir very well till the sugar is dissolved.
- Lastly add the soaked sabja seeds.
- Stir again and pour rose milk in glasses.
- Serve rose milk garnished with some rose petals or with some almonds slivers. You can also keep the rose milk in fridge and then serve later.
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later
How to make rose milk recipe
1. In a bowl soak Sabja seeds (sweet basil seeds) in enough water for 20 to 30 minutes. Then strain and keep the soaked seeds aside. 1 tsp sabja seeds gives about 2 tbsp of soaked sabja seeds. Addition of sabja seeds is optional. If you want then you can skip adding it.
2. Take 2 cups chilled milk in a bowl and add rose syrup. stir very well so that the rose syrup dissolves in the milk. You can use store brought or home made rose syrup. Instead of 2 cups milk, you can also use half-half of milk and water. You can also double or triple this recipe.
3. add ½ tbsp sugar or add as required. Sugar is optional and only if you want some more sweetness in rose milk. If the rose syrup is very sweet, then skip adding sugar.
4. Then add rose water. Stir very well till the sugar is dissolved.
5. Lastly add the soaked sabja seeds.
6. stir again.
7. Pour rose milk in glasses. Serve rose milk garnished with some fresh or dried rose petals or with some almonds slivers. You can also keep the rose milk shake in fridge and then serve later.