Dark chocolate avocado mousse recipe. This is a healthy eggless and vegan mousse recipe.
Avocado is one fruit that we often bring at home. All the time I usually make an Avocado milkshake or Avocado garlic toast. I also made an avocado cake. It was a disaster and I had to throw away the whole cake. One recipe which caught my attention from long was the Chocolate avocado mousse.
So again I bumped into the Mousse recipe on Kiran’s blog. when I saw her pics and post, I knew I had to make it soon. The ingredients in her recipe were also easily available for me, except for agave syrup which I have substituted with organic cane sugar.
This is such a gorgeous looking and gorgeous tasting chocolate mousse.
You don’t get the avocado taste or flavor As the coconut oil, coffee & chocolate overpower the avocado flavors completely. You can also have a look at Quick mango mousse, Chocolate mousse and Banana mousse recipe.
This is a super quick mousse as it gets done in 10 minutes. great to give a chocolate treat to yourself when you don’t have the patience to make something chocolate and yet want to have a quick chocolate goodie.
Also, a healthy mousse as whipped cream is not used in making the mousse.
So when there is a chocolate attack just make this mousse and enjoy 🙂
If you are looking for similar recipes then do check:
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. If you want more delicious vegetarian Indian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later
dark chocolate avocado mousse
- 1 large ripe avocado (makhanphal)
- ⅔ cup chopped dark semi sweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoon regular sugar or organic cane sugar - add less or more to suit your taste
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
- some chopped cashews (kaju) for garnish
- some chopped almonds (badam) for garnish
- some chopped pistachios (pista) for garnish
- In a microwave safe bowl add the chocolate, coconut oil, coffee and sugar.
- Mix these.
- Microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute till the chocolate has melted.
- Don't overcook the chocolate as it will harden up.
- Just melt it and remove from the microwave.
- You can melt the chocolate in a double boiler too.
- Now scoop the avocado flesh in a blender.
- Add the melted chocolate to it and blend till smooth.
- Scoop out the mousse in bowls or glasses and serve straightaway garnished with some chopped dry fruits.
- You can also chill the mousse and then serve dark chocolate avocado mousse.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.