Dark chocolate avocado mousse recipe. This is a healthy eggless and vegan mousse recipe.
Avocado is one fruit that we often bring at home. All the time I usually make an Avocado milkshake or Avocado garlic toast. I also made an avocado cake. It was a disaster and I had to throw away the whole cake. One recipe which caught my attention from long was the Chocolate avocado mousse.
So again I bumped into the Mousse recipe on Kiran’s blog. when I saw her pics and post, I knew I had to make it soon. The ingredients in her recipe were also easily available for me, except for agave syrup which I have substituted with organic cane sugar.
This is such a gorgeous looking and gorgeous tasting chocolate mousse.
You don’t get the avocado taste or flavor As the coconut oil, coffee & chocolate overpower the avocado flavors completely. You can also have a look at Quick mango mousse, Chocolate mousse and Banana mousse recipe.
This is a super quick mousse as it gets done in 10 minutes. great to give a chocolate treat to yourself when you don’t have the patience to make something chocolate and yet want to have a quick chocolate goodie.
Also, a healthy mousse as whipped cream is not used in making the mousse.
So when there is a chocolate attack just make this mousse and enjoy 🙂
If you are looking for similar recipes then do check:
dark chocolate avocado mousse
- 1 large ripe avocado (makhanphal)
- ⅔ cup chopped dark semi sweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoon regular sugar or organic cane sugar - add less or more to suit your taste
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
- some chopped cashews (kaju) for garnish
- some chopped almonds (badam) for garnish
- some chopped pistachios (pista) for garnish
- In a microwave safe bowl add the chocolate, coconut oil, coffee and sugar.
- Mix these.
- Microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute till the chocolate has melted.
- Don't overcook the chocolate as it will harden up.
- Just melt it and remove from the microwave.
- You can melt the chocolate in a double boiler too.
- Now scoop the avocado flesh in a blender.
- Add the melted chocolate to it and blend till smooth.
- Scoop out the mousse in bowls or glasses and serve straightaway garnished with some chopped dry fruits.
- You can also chill the mousse and then serve dark chocolate avocado mousse.