Badam pista lassi recipe with step by step photos – Lassi is a chilled beverage, prepared from fresh curd, sugar and cardamom powder. Lassi is popular as a cooling drink in most parts of north India and especially in Punjab and Haryana. Usually, it is made during the summer season.
Being grown up in Mumbai and then staying in north India for some time, I have got to taste some of the best lassi. In India you get a Variety of lassi like chocolate lassi, paan lassi, salted lassi, Rose lassi, Mango lassi, Strawberry lassi and cardamom lassi.
This recipe of badam pista lassi is a variation to the plain Lassi recipe. addition of almonds and pistachios gives a nice nutty flavor and taste to the lassi. For those who do not know – in hindi ‘badam’ means almond and ‘pista’ is pistachio.
Lassi tastes best when served in kulhad/terra cotta cups. But if you don’t have them just serve in glasses. The best part of lassi is that you could make it ahead of time and refrigerate. Traditionally the lassi was churned with the help of a wooden churner called ‘madani’. If you don’t have madani just blend in a mixer or blender.
There are many variations to make lassi. Some people mix curd with milk, some mix curd with chilled water or ice cubes. Here I have used thick yogurt with milk and sugar. I have not used cream so this is a lighter version of lassi.
No lassi is complete without the touch of cardamom powder. Some people also add rose water and saffron but it’s optional. Obviously, for badam pista lassi i have used pistachios and almonds but you could also add cashews to the lassi.
How to make badam pista lassi
1. Keep all the ingredients ready like fresh chilled curd, chilled milk, sugar, cardamom powder. Also chop the almonds and pistachios.
2. In a blender or mixer jar, add 1.5 cup thick chilled curd/yogurt, 1 cup chilled milk, ½ cup sugar, 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios, 2 tablespoons chopped almonds, ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder and 1 teaspoon of rose water (optional).
3. Blend for 20 to 30 seconds or till the lassi appear creamy, smooth and frothy.
4. Pour it into glasses, garnish with saffron and chopped nuts. Serve badam pista lassi. if not serving immediately, then you can refrigerate. Garnish while serving later.
If you are looking for more Beverages Then do check:
badam pista lassi
for badam pista lassi
- 1.5 cups chilled fresh curd (yogurt)
- 1 cup chilled milk
- ½ cup sugar or add as per taste
- 2 tablespoon chopped pistachio or 7 to 8 pistachios finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon chopped almonds or 7 to 8 almonds finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon green cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon rose water (optional)
for garnish (optional)
- 1 to 2 almonds, thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 pistachios, thinly sliced
- few saffron strands - optional
- First chop the almonds and pistachios.
- Then in a blender or mixer, add all the ingredients mentioned under the list heading "for badam pista lassi"
- Blend for 20 to 30 seconds or till the lassi appear creamy, smooth and frothy.
- Pour into glasses, garnish with saffron and chopped nuts. Serve badam pista lassi.