I usually make rice or pulao in the microwave oven as I find cooking in the microwave easy and less fussy. This veg pulao I made in a microwave cooker which is easily available in shops.
Ingredients you will need for making the mix vegetable pulao – Serves 2:
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 cup of chopped mix vegetables – I have used sliced capsicum, tomatoes and chopped french beans and peas.
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- Whole garam masala – 2 cloves, 1 black cardamom, 2 small green cardamons, 2-3 black peppercorns, 1 inch piece of cinnamon
- 1 tsp shahjeera
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 cups water
1: Firstly clean and soak the rice in two cups of water for 20-30 minutes.
5: Now check to see if the vegetables are half cooked. If not, then you can microwave for a few more minutes
Tips for the vegetable pulao:
- The vegetables you can use as per your choice. You can also blanch the vegetables before or pre-cook it a little in case you are using vegetables like potatoes.
- You could also add fried onion paste instead of raw onions if you have them.
- In this pulao, you can alter the taste and flavour by adding some chopped mint leaves, green chillies, coriander leaves/cilantro with beaten curd.
- 1 or 2 teaspoon of ginger-garlic paste will also add a spicyness to the recipe.
you might also love to check these rice dishes:
- veg yakhni pulao
- mix veg pulao recipe
- hyderabadi vegetable biryani
- south indian mushroom biryani recipe
- restaurant style dum vegetable biryani recipe