spaghetti olio e aglio is a traditional italian pasta dish. it means spaghetti with garlic and oil.
many readers often request me to post pasta recipes. honestly i only know how to cook pasta in indian style. i am familiar with italian cuisine but their variations of pasta recipes amaze me.
so i have decided to try one by one each italian pasta variation keeping the authenticity intact to some extent, but making it veganized and removing the cheese.
this i am doing for my readers who many times request for pasta dishes. not everyone is fond of pasta as a meal and my family is one of them. but sometimes on rare occasions, i prefer to have pasta because of the ease of preparing any dish with them.
since this recipe does not ask for cheese, i made it. basically its spaghetti tossed in oil which has been flavored with garlic. minced or finely chopped garlic is sauted in oil and this garlic oil is added to the cooked spaghetti.
this recipe is very simple and a quick dish, especially if one is hungry. you can serve this pasta recipe with a side soup like roasted tomato soup or sweet corn soup or tomato carrot soup or tomato soup or a good vegetable salad.
if you are looking for similar recipes then do check pasta salad, veg pizza – step by step recipe, mushroom spaghetti bolognese, creamy mushroom pasta, vegetable pasta in white sauce, mac and cheese and tomato mushroom penne recipe.
spaghetti olio e aglio recipe below:
- 200-225 gms spaghetti
- 1 tbsp or 1.5 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 3-4 garlic, finely chopped or minced ( i have added an extra touch of garlic, but you can reduce to 1-2 garlic)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper as required
- boil about 3-4 cups of water with 1 tsp of salt.
- add the spaghetti.
- don't break the spaghetti like we do for noodles.
- keep them whole and place in water.
- once they start cooking, they will start settling down in the water.
- stir occassionally and let the spaghetti cook in the water for 8-10 mins or till they become al dente.
- they should be cooked but still have a bite.
- drain and place them in a bowl.
- cover the bowl, so that the spaghetti does not dry.
- heat the olive oil in a small frying pan.
- lightly brown the garlic with salt
- add the garlic-oil mixture to the spaghetti.
- add red chili flakes and parsley.
- season with salt and black pepper.
- mix well and serve the spaghetti olio e aglio immediately,