This is the first time I had such a wonderful mix veg pulao. The taste was out of this world. But it was not made by me. It was made by my hubby.
I was not feeling well today and my hubby cooked up this beautiful dish. Even I make pulaos at home, but this recipe was simply great.
When my husband cooks, he uses the ingredients from his intuition. For this Mix Veg Pulao, the choice of vegetables were unique (like beetroot) as well as the choice of spices.
The recipes which are made using intuition are the real authentic veg recipes.This is the way many of the Nawabi Hyderabadi and Lucknowi recipes were discovered by Sufi Mystics.
In spiritual language, where we are in a state of No Mind or when we go beyond the Mind, then we enter the dimension of divinity or we can say that the Divine starts descending in us. In this egoless state, whatever we create is godly.
Similarly when a Devotee cooks food for his Deity than he is in a state of devotion and that prasad has a different vibe and taste to it. So in which emotion we cook or prepare the food affects the cooked food. These are subtle energies and one has to be very sensitive to feel it.
This Mix Vegetable Pulao turned out to be beautiful and delicious as it was prepared in a very meditative state.
The colors of the pulao were also beautiful. The beetroot gave some of the cooked rice grains a deep hue of red. The overall color of the pulao was yellow. It resembled the biryani and the taste was similar to the biryani.
Mix Veg Pulao Recipe details below:
- 1 and half cup basmati rice
- The Vegetables for the Pulao:
- ½ cup shelled peas (fresh or fozen)
- 1 potato cubed
- 1 carrot cubed
- 1 beetroot cubed
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 1 chili chopped
- The Spices for the Pulao:
- ½ inch cinnamon
- 1 small cardamom
- 1 big cardamom
- 1 clove
- 2 peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 star anise
- 2 dagad phool also known as stone flower or biryani flower
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ¾ tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- a pinch of asafoetida
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 3 cups water
- Clean the rice and rinse it in water for 3 -4 times.
- In a pressure cooker, heat ghee.
- First add the cumin seeds. When they sizzle, add the fennel seeds and all the spices except chilli powder, turmeric powder and asafoetida.
- Add the onions. Fry all the spices with onions till the onions become a light brown.
- Now add all the veggies, rice and the dry powders including asafoetida. Fry the rice and the vegetable with the rest of the spices for a minute.
- Add the 3 cups of water. Cover the pressure cooker and cook the mix veg pulao for 3 minutes.
- Serve mix veg pulao with raita or plain curd, papad and pickle.