guacamole toast sandwich recipe – i make the guacamole toast whenever i have avocadoes, bread and no time 🙂
guacamole toast is a quick and healthy snack that can be made when you are super busy and want something to munch on in a jiffy. all you need is a ripe avocado and some bread. if you want you can pair the toast with some cheese, hummus or tahini. two more recipes, where you can include avocado in your diet are avocado milkshake and this avocado garlic toast recipe.
the bread that i have used here is homemade white bread. this also goes well with brown bread or any type of bread. i have toasted the sandwich in the oven. if you have a hand toaster or sandwich grill, you can even use these.
there is already a guacamole recipe on my blog. if you are interested you can have a look. in this guacamole recipe i have added olive oil just to enhance its taste and also because i love olive oil.
always be creative when you make food and remember you add your own creative touch to this guacamole sandwich as well, like adding baby tomatoes or dry tomatoes or herbs or any seasoning.
guacamole toast sandwich recipe below:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 small to medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped or crushed finely
- ½ tsp black pepper powder or add as per taste
- 2 tsp olive oil, optional
- a few chopped coriander or cilantro leaves
- few drops of lemon juice
- black salt or rock salt or salt
- 8 slices white bread or brown or whole wheat bread
- cut the avocado into two.
- remove the ripe pulp.
- mix it with the rest of the chopped ingredients, salt, lemon juice & olive oil.
- mash the avocado whilst mixing and mix well
- keep aside.
- preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- spread the guacamole on the bread slices.
- top it up with another bread.
- press gently and place the sandwich in the oven.
- bake for 10-15 minutes for 180 degrees C
- check after 7-8 minutes.
- after the upper bread slice has been browned and toasted, turn over the sandwich and let the other bread slices get toasted.
- serve guacamole toast sandwich hot with any dip or sauce.