coriander chutney recipe with step by step photos – one chutney and many uses. this coriander chutney recipe is a no onion and no garlic recipe.
coriander chutney is a nice accompaniment with veg sandwich, potato pakora, aloo tikki, dhokla, dabeli, samosa, aloo tikki burger, peas kachori and even goes well with chaat items like bhel puri, ragda patties, sev puri, dahi sev batata puri.
usually i make green chutneys and keep them in the fridge. they are very handy when you want to apply them to your toasts or breads or have them as a dip with some finger food or snacks. there is another green chutney having a sweet taste.
cilantro chutney or coriander chutney recipe below:
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves/cilantro
- ½ inch ginger, chopped (adrak)
- 1 green chili, chopped (hari mirch)
- 1 or 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp cumin powder (jeera powder)
- black salt or rock salt or sea salt as required
- with some water blend or grind all the ingredients in a blender or chutney grinder or magic bullet till smooth.
- check the seasoning and add more salt or lemon juice if required.
- store the coriander chutney in a covered bowl or container in the refrigerator.
- use the coriander chutney whenever required.
steps to make dhania chutney or coriander chutnet recipe:
1. in a blender or chutney grinder, add 1 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves, ½ inch chopped ginger and 1 chopped green chilli.
2. add 1 or 2 tsp lemon juice, ½ tsp cumin powder/jeera powder and black salt or rock salt or sea salt as required.
3. with some water blend or grind all the ingredients in a blender or chutney grinder or magic bullet till smooth. check the seasoning and add more salt or lemon juice if required.
4. serve coriander chutney with snacks. the coriander chutney stays well for 6-7 days.