here’s a coriander chutney recipe. one chutney and many uses. this recipe is a no onion and no garlic recipe.
this chutney is a nice accompaniment with veg sandwich, veg toast sandwich, potato pakora, aloo tikki, dhokla, dabeli, samosa, aloo tikki burger, peas kachori and even goes well with chaat items like bhel puri, ragda patties, sev puri, dahi sev batata puri.
usually i make green chutneys and keep them in the fridge. they are very handy when you want to apply them to your toasts or breads or have them as a dip with some finger food or snacks.
this coriander chutney stays well for 6-7 days. there is another green chutney which i will be posting soon and this one has a sweet taste.
so here is the recipe for the coriander chutney:
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- ½ inch ginger, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 or 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- black salt or rock salt or sea salt as required
- with some water blend or grind all the ingredients in a blender or chutney grinder or magic bullet till smooth.
- check the seasoning and add more salt or lemon juice if required.
- store the coriander chutney in a covered bowl or container in the refrigerator.
- use the chutney whenever required.