Kulfi falooda recipe with step by step photos – a rich and delicious summer dessert with kulfi and topped with falooda, sabja seeds, rose syrup and dry fruits. It is one of the popular summer dessert equally loved by kids and adults alike.
Falooda And kulfi are popular in most regions of India. They are ideal for summers as they are cooling as well as delicious. But the combo of kulfi with falooda is to take these desserts to another level.
Kulfi falooda is a delicious, cooling and filling dessert. I have also posted the step by step recipes of Mango falooda And Kesar falooda. the difference in kulfi falooda and regular falooda is that whereas regular falooda is a dessert drink made with or without ice cream. Kulfi falooda is a frozen dessert, topped with falooda sev along with rose syrup and dry fruits.
Falooda sev is corn starch vermicelli that is added in this dessert. Just prepare the falooda sev as per the instructions on the pack.you can make the kulfi at home or buy from outside. I made this recipe many times in this summer season with mawa kulfi and mango kulfi.
Soaked sabja seeds (sweet basil seeds) are also added to this dessert for their cooling nature. You can check this post on How to use sabja seeds. apart from it, dry fruits make it more healthy and filling. One just needs to assemble everything.
Note: recently I made kulfi falooda again. So updated the post with step by step pics. In the stepwise photos pista kulfi has been used instead of mango kulfi.
How to make kulfi falooda
1. Soak the sabja seeds (tukmaria seeds) in enough water for about 30 minutes or more.
2. When the sabja seeds are soaking, begin to prepare the falooda sev as per the instructions given in the pack. I had to cook them in hot water.
3. Cook till the sev softens.
4. Now strain falooda sev and then rinse in running water. Keep aside covered.
5. Also strain the sabja seeds and keep aside.
6. Take kulfi in a bowl. You can slice it into halve or small pieces. Due to it being very hot here, the kulfi was melting. You can also add some malai if you want. now add the sabja seeds.
8. Then add the falooda sev.
9. Pour rose syrup.
10. Garnish with chopped dry fruits.
11. Serve immediately.
Few more beverages for you!
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. If you'd like more delicious Indian vegetarian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspiration.
- ⅓ cup falooda sev
- ½ tablespoon sabja seeds (falooda seeds)
- 4 kulfi
- 2 tablespoon rose syrup
- a few chopped pistachios, almonds or cashews
- Soak the sabja seeds in enough water for 30 minutes.
- Once they swell, strain and keep aside. You can also refrigerate the soaked seeds.
- Prepare the falooda sev according to package instructions.
- If cooking the falooda sev, then once cooked, rinse the cooked falooda sev in water. Drain and keep them aside. Let them cool completely.
- Add 1 tbsp sabja seeds in a bowl or serving plate.
- Add 1 to 1.5 tbsp falooda sev.
- Remove the kulfi from the moulds. Slice them into 2 or 4 slices. Place each kulfi with its slices on top of the falooda and sabja seeds.
- Pour 1/2 tbsp of rose syrup. Sprinkle the dry fruits.
- Serve immediately.
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later