Figs milkshake recipe with step by step photos. A healthy and tasty beverage made with fresh figs (also called Anjeer in Hindi) and milk. Milkshakes are the easiest and quickest drinks that can be made with fresh fruits or dry fruits. They not only refreshes you but also give you a quick boast of energy.
I have already posted few Milkshake Recipes like:
Here this Anjeer Shake recipe uses fresh figs. Though even dry figs can be swapped with fresh ones. In case you want to use dry figs then soak them in hot water for at least 1 hour or more or till they are softened completely.
Otherwise, it will be difficult to blend them in a blender. It can be made both with dry as well as fresh figs. However while using dried figs, do remember to soak them in water for some time.
If you like then you can add your choice of other nuts or dry fruits also. Few more recipes where you can use figs are:
I have added a dash of vanilla in the milkshake, but you can easily skip it. Other flavoring agents you can use are saffron powder, cinnamon powder and cardamom powder.
Serve fig milkshake as soon as it is made.
How to make Fig Milkshake
1. In a blender jar, take the following ingredients:
- chopped fresh figs (about 5 to 6 figs or 150 grams/5.30 ounces fresh figs)
- ½ cup chilled milk
- 3 to 4 tablespoons sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract or ¼ teaspoon scraped vanilla bean seeds
Vanilla is optional and you can skip it. Add sugar as per the sweetness of figs and your preferred taste. You can also use honey or your preferred sweetener instead of sugar.
2. Blend till smooth.
3. Then add the remaining 1.5 cups of cold milk. Blend once more.
4. Pour in glasses and serve figs milkshake immediately.
Note that fig milkshakes are best served as soon as you blend them. Keeping or resting for a few minutes may make the taste bitter which is not pleasant at all. Keep in mind not to refrigerate this milkshake as then too it may turn bitter.
- Choose figs that are fresh, ripe and with a smooth skin. The outer skin should not be bruised, torn or broken. Also ensure that the figs are not mushy.
- Feel free to add your preferred sweetener or leave out the sugar completely.
- For a vegan variation, add plant based milk of your choice.
- To make the anjeer milkshake with dried figs, first soak the dried figs in hot water an hour or soak in room temperature water overnight. Drain the water and chop soaked figs roughly. Transfer them to a blender with little milk. Blend until smooth and fine. Add more milk and blend again.
If you are looking for more beverages then do check:
Please be sure to rate the recipe in the recipe card or leave a comment below if you have made it. For more vegetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or follow me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Fig Milkshake (Anjeer Shake)
- 150 grams figs or 5 to 6 fresh figs
- 2 cups cold milk
- 3 to 4 tablespoons sugar or add as required
- ¼ teaspoon scraped vanilla bean seeds or ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a blender jar, take chopped figs (about 5 to 6 figs or 150 grams fresh figs) along with ½ cup chilled milk, 3 to 4 tbsp sugar and ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract or ¼ teaspoon scraped vanilla bean seeds. Vanilla is optional and you can skip it.
- Blend till smooth.
- Then add the remaining 1.5 cups of cold milk. Blend once more.
- Pour in glasses and serve figs milkshake immediately.
- Remember to serve the milkshake as soon as you make it. Keeping or resting the milkshake for a few minutes may make it taste bitter. Also do not refrigerate as even refrigeration may make the taste bitter.
- Use fresh, ripe and sweet figs. The figs should have bruised or torn skin.
- Feel free to leave out sugar if you like. You can also add your preferred sweeteners instead of sugar.
Nutrition Info (Approximate Values)
This Fig Milkshake post from the archives, first published in March 2015 has been republished and updated on November 2022.