figs milkshake recipe with step by step photos – a healthy and tasty beverage made with fresh figs and milk.
milkshakes are the easiest and quickest drinks that can be made with fresh fruits or dry fruits. they not only refreshes you but also give you a quick boast of energy. i have already posted few milkshake recipes like:
here this recipe uses fresh figs. though even dry figs can be added. in case you want to use dry figs then soak them in warm water for at least for 1 hour or more or till they are softened completely. otherwise it will be difficult to blend them in a blender. it can be made both with dry as well as fresh figs. however while using dried figs, do remember to soak them in water for some time. if you like then you can add your choice of other dry fruits also. few more recipes where you can use figs are:
i have added a dash of vanilla in the milkshake, but you can easily skip it. other flavoring agents you can use are saffron powder and cardamom powder.
serve figs milkshake as soon as they are made.
if you are looking for more beverages then do check:
INGREDIENTS FOR figs milkshake
- 150 grams figs or 5 to 6 fresh figs, 5.30 ounces
- 2 cups chilled milk
- 3 to 4 tablespoon sugar or add as required
- ¼ teaspoon scraped vanilla bean seeds or ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE figs milkshake
- in blender jar, take chopped figs (about 5 to 6 figs or 150 grams fresh figs) along with 1/2 cup chilled milk, 3 to 4 tbsp sugar and 1/8 tsp vanilla extract or 1/4 tsp scraped vanilla bean seeds. vanilla is optional and you can skip it.
- blend till smooth.
- then add the remaining 1.5 cups cold milk. blend once more.
- pour in glasses and serve figs milkshake immediately.
how to make figs milkshake
1. in blender jar, take chopped figs (about 5 to 6 figs or 150 grams/5.30 ounces fresh figs) along with ½ cup chilled milk, 3 to 4 tbsp sugar and 1/8 tsp vanilla extract or ¼ tsp scraped vanilla bean seeds. vanilla is optional and you can skip it. add sugar as per the sweetness of figs and your preferred taste. you can also use honey instead of sugar.
2. blend till smooth.
3. then add the remaining 1.5 cups cold milk. blend once more.
4. pour in glasses and serve figs milkshake immediately.